A Diversified Variety of Specialized Cleaning Services
Today's cleaning industry is made up of a wide variety of specialized cleaning services. Including residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, house cleaning, carpet upholstery cleaning, pool cleaning, chimney cleaning, and exterior house cleaning - to name just a few.
Contemporary lifestyles have helped to make the cleaning business a billion dollar industry. Couples who both work outside the home, people who don't want to deal with the hassle of on-going daily cleaning chores, and business persons who don't have the time or staff to address cleaning needs have all come to depend on professional cleaning services. In fact, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency EPA, over 6 billion pounds of cleaning chemicals are used annually.
Homeowners and business owners alike can find professional residential cleaning services or commercial cleaning services to address just about every type of cleaning need imaginable.
Here are just some of the various cleaning services available:
- Janitorial services - regular home cleaning or office cleaning services such as vacuuming, dusting, bathroom cleaning/sanitization, and trash removal.
- Carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning - for both residential and commercial consumers.
- Water damage restoration - drying affected areas, cleaning up damage, and restoring premises to pre-disaster condition. This may also include mold remediation services.
- Fire and smoke restoration - cleaning affected area of all fire, soot, and smoke damage and restoring premises to pre-disaster condition. This may include ultra-sonic cleaning methods for electronic goods or things such as fragile collectibles.
- Mattress cleaning - special techniques to provide optimum sanitization and removal of contaminants and elimination of dust mites.
- Tile and hard floor cleaning and maintenance - these floor types require special cleaning techniques and maintenance procedures; such as regular stripping, sealing, and burnishing.
Blind cleaning - various types of window blinds require specialized cleaning techniques.
- Crime scene clean up - crime scenes pose a unique biohazard, requiring specialized techniques to cleanse, sanitize, and deodorize affected areas. This service is often provided by trained professionals who only offer this particular type of service.
- Construction clean up - commercial construction and residential construction projects often create a substantial mess that is left behind. A construction site may require intense clean up efforts; including proper disposal of hazardous construction materials.
- Exterior house cleaning services - this may include tasks such as roof cleaning, gutter cleaning, deck or house siding power washing, and landscape clean up; like raking leaves or trash hauling.
- Commercial kitchen hood and vent cleaning - requiring removal of greasy build up using specialized cleaning agents and techniques. This is a very messy task; one an experienced professional can do quickly and accurately.
- Air duct cleaning - some conditions require HVAC duct cleaning using specialized equipment and techniques.
One should keep in mind that many of the above services require expertise and specialized training; from a professional cleaning company providing only that type of service. Whether offering only one service type, or multiple services, nearly every cleaning company has a customized service plan to meet individual needs.
House cleaning service pricing can vary greatly from one service provider to another. The most affordable can usually be obtained by agreeing to an annual cleaning service contract. Expect to pay considerably more on a â€œper jobâ€ basis.
Important Guidelines for Hiring a Cleaning Service
When hiring a house cleaning business or commercial cleaning service, keep in mind the following guidelines for evaluating a potential service provider:
- Is the company and employees bonded and insured? Even with the utmost precaution, accidents can happen. Make sure your selected service provider carries adequate insurance and bonding to cover any damage, loss, or injury occurring while working at your site.
- Who are the individuals that will be providing the service? Most cleaning businesses hire numerous employees and have a variety of company vehicles. Employees are typically highly trained, thoroughly screened and bonded. They should arrive at the site in a clearly marked company vehicle; wearing a company uniform complete with logo and employee name.
- Do they provide all the necessary equipment and cleaning products themselves? A reputable company will bring all the necessary equipment (such as vacuums, mops, etc.) and will provide their own cleaning agents (such as sanitizers, detergents, and furniture polish). In addition, a growing number of companies are in tune with the current trend toward green cleaning. And use environmentally safe green cleaning product lines. Green house cleaning efforts leave no harmful residues or vapors in the home, and help preserve natural resources.
- Does the company assume withholding tax liability for employees? Make sure the cleaning service you select is withholding the appropriate taxes from employee wages. If not, home/business owners could find themselves liable for taxes and penalties.
- What if cleaning tasks are not satisfactorily performed? While some service providers charge extra for â€œre-dos,â€ companies that are more reputable guarantee their services. Providing free re-dos if the consumer is not entirely satisfied with cleaning results. Note: make sure that customer service provided by the company is face-to-face - with a real person. Not through voice mail left at an automatic answering machine.
In addition, ask to see verification of licensing, certification, insurance, and bonding information. Check to be sure everything is current and up-to-date. Also ask for references and work history experience for the type services you are requesting. Make sure all contract details and pricing are thoroughly and accurately described in writing; that the contract is signed by both parties, and that you obtain a copy of it.
Whether hiring a part-time housekeeper, or large scale commercial cleaning services, it just makes good sense to thoroughly screen service providers before making a decision. Many times, residential services are performed when no one is at a home; commercial services, after business hours. Hiring a service provider usually means handing over a key to your home or business, so make your choice wisely.
Locate A Cleaning Professional
To locate a professional housekeeper or commercial cleaning service, homeowners and business owners all across Canada are turning to TrustedPros.ca. Where finding reliable local service providers is a snap.
Homeowners and business owners can sign up without cost or obligation, and post their cleaning needs online, where it is immediately visible to area service providers. Member service providers also receive e-mail notification of each new project posting, and can provide competitive contract bids in just days, or even hours after posting.
Homeowners and business owners can view cleaning company profile pages, references, insurance/certification/licensing credentials, customer comments and feedback; and photos of recently completed projects online 24/7. And then make an informed hiring decision, or hire no one at all. Remember, there is no obligation whatsoever to hire anyone; no hidden costs.Posted by: TrustedPros