If you are thinking about the possibility of having a home swimming pool installed, there is much to consider. Aside from such factors as local building code requirements, available yard space, swimming pool design and type, and swimming pool cost, also consider the following:
- The need for swimming pool safety features such as a fence, to keep small children from wandering into the pool area when left unattended.
- Actual swimming pool construction will this be a DIY project utilizing a swimming pool kit, or will you be hiring a spa swimming pool construction contractor?
- Swimming pool landscaping compatibility; you ll want size, shape, and type of pool to compliment and bring balance to your yard. Not only for aesthetic purposes for increased pool enjoyment. But for best market value and sale potential of your property, should you ever decide to sell your home.
- The need for winterizing an inground pool in cooler regions during winter months.
- Additional features to include such as a swimming pool deck; whether concrete, stone, wood, or a specialty material. Swimming pool coping surrounding the pool perimeter with flagstone, bricks, concrete, or coping stones. Or underwater fiber optic lights clear or colored; creating a special ambiance for nighttime swimming and poolside entertainment.
- Type of swimming pool liner; a fiberglass swimming pool liner or one made from concrete. Even an inground swimming pool vinyl liner should be considered; a cost-effective choice, one increasingly popular.
- Ongoing swimming pool care and maintenance needs a job requiring time, effort, and extra expense at regular intervals. The task can be made less time consuming and easier with the addition of an automatic cleaning system. Some use pressure to force water through jets at predetermined cycles. Creating a sweeping action across the surface of the pool; driving debris and sediment around the perimeter of the pool and out the drain.
- Pool Excavation for inground pools. This means major landscape renovations. And big equipment maneuvering in and around your yard; such as backhoes and dump trucks. Also, the added expense of professionals to run the equipment, and the services of an inground swimming pool contractor.
An Indoor Swimming Pool - an Option Worth Considering
While most homeowners opt for a backyard outdoor swimming pool whether an above or inground pool, another option warrants consideration.
An increasing number of homeowners with large homes, and those able to afford the additional cost, are deciding to add-on an extra room or enclosed patio for an indoor swimming pool. A great option for year-round use.
Installation of an indoor home pool has unique considerations of its own:
- The need for an indoor pool enclosure dehumidifier.
- Whether to have an electric or solar heated indoor pool.
- Additional special features such as an indoor wave pool or combination pool and spa.
- Besides a swimming pool contractor, the services of a general building contractor, licensed plumber, and interior designer might be required.
Above or Inground Pool?
DIY homeowners and those with limited resources might decide to purchase an inground pool kit or above ground swimming pool kit to save on the expense of hiring a pool contractor. Since inground pool installation is much more complicated than above ground, kits are the best option for the homeowner and come with flexible vinyl liners.
Above ground pool kits are easiest and quickest to install; they are also the cheapest option. While the basic 14-foot by 28-foot inground rectangular pool costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,600, the average 15-foot by 30-foot oval above ground swimming pool can be obtained for around $1,800.
Of course, either option requires additional expenses for completion; including steps, slides, lights, heater, safety covers, filters, pumps, disinfection equipment, decking, etc.
However, most homeowners don t want to settle for less than the swimming pool of their dreams. They also want to ensure the job is done right without costly mistakes, and seek out the services of a qualified professional to handle the project.
Not surprisingly, underground pools cost considerably more than above ground; regardless if installed from scratch professionally or purchased as a kit. However, a well-built underground pool will last longer than an above ground; this represents an average of 18-years.
Underground swimming pools also add considerably to the real estate market value of property; much more so than an above ground swimming pool.
A Growing Trend; Vinyl one Choice of Liners to Consider
As mentioned earlier, even when hiring a contractor for swimming pool installation, vinyl pool liners can be a good, cost-effective choice.
If you opt for an inground swimming pool vinyl liner, get a quality, super strong one that comes with a warranty. A liner 20-mil thick or more, made from 100% virgin vinyl will be durable and long lasting. Make sure it has a special coating to protect it against breakdown from UV rays, pool water chemicals, bacteria, and algae.
To increase the durability and stability of the liner, a layer of wall foam should be installed beneath it, with wall foam adhesive to secure it in place. Wall foam is a type of foam padding that helps create a smooth wall surface for pools; it also protects the liner against punctures and corrosion.
Vinyl liners come in a variety of colors, designs, and styles that enhance overall pool attractiveness by providing a designer flair.
Find the Right Swimming Pool Service Contractor at the Right Price
When it comes to finding just the right swimming pool contractor at just the right price, TrustedPros.ca is your best option.
This is true regardless of whether you want a Vancouver swimming pool contractor, a swimming pool maintenance provider in Toronto, swimming pool repair services in Quebec, or help with any type of swimming pool related services anywhere in Canada.
TrustedPros.ca has contractors on standby, ready to provide competitive bids on your swimming pool project.
Homeowners can post their project online free without obligation. With user friendly state-of-the-art tools that make posting quick and easy. Simply post your project requirements, select the method of contact preferred, and then sit back and let the contractors come to you.
Receive competitive bids from reliable contractors in your area; critique their portfolios, company profiles, references, and photo pages showing completed projects online at TrustedPros.ca 24/7.
Make contact with only those contractors of your choosing or none at all. Remember, there is no obligation whatsoever and posting your project is free!Posted by: TrustedPros