Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Coquitlam homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 64 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Coquitlam seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $4,179,000.00 with a per project average of $65,296.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of Coquitlam General Contractors.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Add wall with closet and entrance door to open space in house. Original house plans had a room but it was never built. Current open space into living room. Require door entrance and closet. Framing, and drywall ready to prime/paint stage. I require references and WCB insurance confirmation.
Size 24' x 8'
I have an existing ground level patio (24' by 8') at the back of my house in the backyard. I'd like to have it removed and excavated down to add a basement. Then build an enclosed area on top of it and a second floor level patio.
My house is the half of a duplex with a crawl space in Coquitlam.
4-storey wood frame complex with 64 residential units.
Building enclosure repairs primarily to walls and balconies.
Replacement of original balcony membranes. The work includes replacement of balcony sheathing, replacement of existing guardrails with new face-mounted guardrails along with carrying out structural strengthening of balcony framing. This includes improved waterproofing detailing at various critical details
Recladding of balcony columns with rain-screen stucco assembly
Re-waterproofing of base of columns on the 1st floor. This includes removal of concrete topping around columns to facilitate re-waterproofing, waterproofing tie-in to existing at-grade waterproofing, extending new waterproofing above grade.
Repairing deteriorated structural framing and other building components as necessary.
Below are the details for which we need some estimates on a 1980 semi/duplex house (in Maillardville) renovation consisting of:
- replacing the carpet from upstairs 3 (4x3 m, 4.2xh2.5m, 2.5x2.7m) bedrooms with some laminate/engineered wood floor; the same for the stairs (about 20 steps) from first to second level.
- sanding and lacquering the existing parquet from the upstairs living room (4m x 3m)
- replacing linoleum with floor tiling in 2 small bathrooms (2x2m);
- enlarging the in-suite (currently has only a sink and toilet) washroom, by adding/installing a shower, and replacing/moving the existing bathroom door;
- build a 3 m interior separation wall ... with an single interior door in it.
- cut an exterior single door.
bathroom: remove and reinstall and turn new tub, remove box shower, move over toilet a little, remove one sink and put in a smaller vanity/cabinet. change floor and wall tile, modest budget for senior in 29 year old condo. not fancy but update, clean up and make more functional.
also remove carpet and put down laminate flooring (unless is too costly with leveling), then replace with new carpet.
paint suite throughout, approx. 1050 sq. ft.
also please quote removal of hot water tank and replace with newer style water heater.
1. I would like to knock down a wall between 2 bedroom to create 1 big masters bedroom with a substantial walk in closet space.
2. I would like to knock down a non-bearing wall in the living room that separates it from my kitchen and create an open concept living and kitchen area. Kitchen cabinets layout will be changed
3. I would like to change all my flooring on this level
4. Lighting will be added in the living room/kitchen area as well as the bedroom.
Detail of Job .
Convert an existing duplex to a front/back strata converted property. Currently there is a front/back mirrored 2 living dwellings , on one address. There is an old 2002 permit that is outstanding that needs to be completed. The building is in bad condition and needs to be brought up to code. I have had inspectors in here ,on my request and they have sent me paperwork of what is required. My zoning permits this, and I have an 8000 sq foot lot which permits adding floor space. Currently front half is 1050 Sq with an illegal deck, and the back half is 1200 Sq with a kitchen extension/nook that is permitted ,but poorly constructed.
The bsmt has been altered and in poor condition, as well as the structure of the kitchen nook.
As per city instructions ,and conversations ...I need to get architectural drawings of the entire structure ,and get a structural engineer to sign off on all existing , and new permits. The city is being quite co-operative and are allowing me to alter the 2002 permit to suit my needs. I have 2 options in mind :
a) renovate and finish bsmt , join with stairwell to front half and completely renovate front half....with landscaping and exterior house upgrades
b) structurally improve bsmt, take off the roof/ add a level (mirrored) with an outdoor deck on each side with additional living space. Compl renovate front half / landscaping/ exterior upgrades etc With this option I would need fisheries approval as I have aravine on site , however since I would be going vertical on existing structure I don't see a problem
I am leaning towards B) but need it to be economically viable in my neighbourhood.
SO in summary
1) need architectural drawings and a structural engineer and work with thru all permits with city hall for either job
2) goal is to create a "strata converted" front/back half duplexes ..this means fire wall/ sound barrier/ fire code's/ unit separation etc etc
3) structurally repair bsmt and kitchen nook, which was altered with 2002 unfinished permit
4) address all plumbing issues outlined in city requirements (I will send u this copy)
5) completely renovate front half duplex /new floor or not
6) replace 6 windows/ re paint of exterior /and exterior "cosmetic" facelift
7) renovate "back half" -(which is the nice half- bathroom)
8) continue a stairwell to top floor thru existing closets.
9) create a mirrored top floor consisting of a 150 SQ foot deck , and 350 Sq foot living space ,to be determined.
10) interior finishing and new roofing over new top floor
11) Landscaping, I am already in talks with a few people, or might attempt myself with friends ...job is still open however
My budget is unspecified, however option B) must be viable ...at the very least I will be doing option A) 100%
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
Replace water damaged drywall on ceiling of garage (5 sheets)
Remove damaged drywall
Install new drywall, tape and mud.
Sand and remud as required.
Prime and paint
Replace 6' of damaged siding near the front door entrance and fascia along the front
Remove existing siding and dispose of.
Check wall sheathing for any water damage.
Install new siding.
Remove existing fascia
Install new fascia.
Cut back sections of the beams that are exposed to the outside & areas that are
damaged by rot.
Cover the exposed ends of these beams with aluminum caps.
Replace two posts that support railing on deck..
Remove the existing 4x4 posts.
Install new 4x4 post.
Try to provide better support than on previous posts.
Project #4: Remove and replace approx. 20' x 15' of vinyl decking.
Remove existing vinyl decking.
Remove and replace any of the plywood under vinyl.
Install new vinyl decking.
Purchasing an older home and wanting to do an addition at the back of the home and side of the home to open up the bedrooms and add another bedroom. Also needing to install a kitchen in the basement and new flooring. Wanting a new kitchen up on the main floor as well. Want to redo the exterior of the home as well.
Wanting to get an estimate before the offer is final.
We are located in Coquitlam (Westwood Plateau) and would like to get a quote / estimate for a project that involves rebuilding an existing wall that contains a fireplace as well as modernizing an existing vanity bathroom. Re-wiring would be required to allow for the re-location of exiting electronic components as well as addition of new spot lighting. The project would require the fireplace (gas) to be upgraded and moved and would require the tear-down of existing rock. The fireplace has an exhaust / vent that is located on the side of the house. It may also require an adjustment based upon the move of the fireplace.The bathroom requires the removal of a wall mirror and existing toilet / cabinet etc. We are looking to have this work done ASAP.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you require any additional information or clarification.
It is a 864 sq feet, 15 years old apartment. Want to renovate the whole apartment. Ideally, with porcelain tile floor, couple of stone walls, new plaints, built-in ceiling lightings. Kitchen with new granite countertop and new carbinet doors. new soak-in bath tub with jacuzzi jets.
Chnage couple of windows in the master bed room and put wood blinds on all windows and doors. There are total of 5 windows in the house and 1 balcony door that need wood blinds.
Basically want to give the apartment a beautiful contempory look.
I like to know how much is it including labour and material. I am on a tigh budget, so if it is higher, I will choose to do less. Thank you.
* The house is about 2098 sq ft., of 1198 sq ft.is finished, and 900 sq ft. in the lower level is unfinished.
* Remove the old carpet flooring and replace it with hardwood flooring/laminate for the entire house.
* Remodel the kitchen using open-floor concept (i.e., knock off the wall between kitchen and living room and reposition kitchen cabinets/appliances. Also update kitchen appliances with stainless steel.
* Update the fireplace in the living room and replace the wooden wall with drywall.
* Remodel master bedroom 2-piece half-bath to at least 3-piece full-bath.
* Update/remodel the main bathroom.
* Finish the unfinished lower level to a 2-bedroom suite with kitchen & living room (currently, there's one bedroom in the lower level).
* Remodel the lower-level half-bath to at least 3-piece full-bath.
* Interior, and possibly exterior paint job.
* Add a rear deck attached to the property.
1. concrete tile roof partly caved in about 5 inches;
2. rear deck stairs water damaged, needs replacement
3. rear corner wall near the stairs in 2. leaks water
4. window wood trims water damaged x 5
5. roof facia boards front and rear need repainting
6. gutter at front got loose and hanging
7. various water marks (about 10 and dried) on inside ceiling to be removed
8. 3 inside window base boards need repair
9. remove moss from roof
10 power wash house
11. garage door to be repainted
Phase 1 - exterior expansion
- build foundation walls, finish concrete
- frame and finish exterior wall of carport
- frame and finish exterior wall of entrance
- frame and finish exterior wall of patio (becomes cold room)
Option 1 - storage improvement (before or after phase 1)
- move suite boundary door
- extend entrance hall closet
- create under the stairs storage access
Phase 2 - suite remodel
- modify interior wall layout to make 2 bedrooms from existing living/kitchen/patio-storage
- make kitchen out of current bedroom/hallway
Option 2Create separate laundry room in bathroom (during basement remodel)
Option 3 - change basement heating system (during basement remodel)
- baseboards vs. radiant heat
Phase 4 - entrance expansion
- frame and finish entrance expansion
- extend 2nd story balcony - prepare for enclosure
Option 4 - enclose 2nd story balcony
I would like to update all the counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom. Possibly update the bathrooms, new flooring through the house, change most of the fixtures, repaint, redo the crown moulding, add storage throughout the townhouse and change all the closets. Some plumbing will need to be as well.
3200 square feet house built in 1968. stucco outside is new and it is in place. 1600 SQFTupstairs: 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. First level is another 1600 SQFT.
windows;patio doors; 2 fireplaces; railing; plumbing are ready; Wiring for upstairs and 1st level are into studs.
It was fire upstairs. roof has been fixed but doesn't have flooring; drywall for walls and it's 9 feet ceiling; kitchen & bathroom cabinets and counter tops is needed. 1 bathroom is intact (no need for renovation except putting 1 window.) Only master bedroom needs drywall; cabinets and shower glass, (It already had wall tiles for shower.)
On the First floor we have 1 bedroom and a den. We want to make it a legal suite. Existing dry wall needs to come off. Some electrical issue may arise. But all the outlets and vents can be used again., put proper insulation for fire and sound. 1 bedroom is in place with a good insulation, but it's closet needs to be changed or better moved to make bedroom bigger but the den smaller. So one wall of this bedroom needs to be done again. Tiles for bathroom and laundry room is in place, shower needs to be changed to tub. existing 2 year old kitchen cabinet needs to come out and should make a proper ventilation for stove (cabinets could be reused), addition of an island to kitchen cabinet is necessary. Counter tops for kitchen and bath is necessary. ventilation is in place.
Main Project-Add sound proof (well insulated) interior wall to living room area. Entrance door, bedroom closet and hallway linen closet to be features. 2 light switches and 2 plugs to be added.
-Add two 6'X3' windows on exterior wall of house.
-Refinish/modernize interior textured drywall and popcorn ceiling of living room.
Require legitimate references and proof of insurance. Prefer a company with full time employees doing the work, and not just a general contractor sub-contracting the trades except for electrical/plumbing/drywall.
Own an 1100 square foot bi-level, completely finished on both levels. Constructed in 1960 very well maintained with new windows, roof, etc.
We may sell home in two or three years and move to a condo, however, wish to make the following improvements now, both to enjoy renos ourselves and make the home more sale-able. Therefore, we are interested in working with a contactor/renovator who can advise on what renos and quality makes most financial sense if our intent is to market the home in a couple of years.:
- new (mid-quality) reconfigured kitchen;
- raise showerhead and re-tile (or install new tub-surround) around tub in main floor bath;
- replace wood railing w/ glass panels on covered deck(approximately twelve foot length);
- replace lower-level door/frame on back of house with new doors(incl. storm)to let in light;
- possibly replace shower cabinet in lower-level bathroom with walk-in shower;
- close in end wall of open room on lower level to create another bedroom.
-possibly build an open deck (approx. 14 X 14) with two sets of stairs, along back of house to provide easier access to back yard from main floor of house.
The house itself is approximately 1,900sf, 20yrs old. 2-stories above ground.
Online estimates only please. On-site inspection will be arranged later...
Kitchen - L-shaped. complete renovation without relocation of appliances and sink position. Prefer standard grade. Around 10x8 ft with a small island 2x4ft. Laminated countertop. Project also includes new 2-bowls sink, faucet installation and wall tiles + removal of old kitchen.
Roofing- Current one is cedar shingles. want to replace with 20 yrs fiberglass shingles. Sloped roof, should be walkable. No leaking is observed. No new gutter is needed, but please remove old shingles. Dont know the roof sq.ft. sorry..
Bathrooms - 1 powder room 7x5ft+ 2 full baths 8x7ft with tub (no shower). All measurements are approxiamate only...new vanity + sink + faucet + toilet + ceramic tiles flooring. No relocation is needed.
Painting - complete interior painting. 2 coats on walls + 1 coat on ceiling. below average number of holes and cracks. No crown moulding. 3 bedroom sizes are 18'x16', 12'x10' , 12'x10' and a laundry room of 9'x7'. Main floor size is quite a standard one, with vaulted celing in the living room.
Exterior power wash - moldew stain on vinyl sidings.
The above are core items of the project. We would like to install a deck, but depends on our budget. What is the average price of a standard deck?
Thank you so much.
Order of priority of projects:
1. Update basement suite kitchen and shower.
2. Add shower to ensuite bathroom upstairs.
3. Convert sunroom into a family room - 20 x 15 in size and Add 10 x 10 deck off of family room.
Need price for building room, insulation, wiring, drywall, flooring, painting and windows.
Would like to get written estimates for these projects. References must be supplied if chosen as contractor.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started