Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other New Westminster homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 37 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in New Westminster seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $1,308,500.00 with a per project average of $35,364.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of New Westminster General Contractors.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I am wondering what I should expect to budget for an attic conversion. The Attic has been sealed off for quite some time. However the space is very large and would add a good amount of floor space to the house. One thing to note is that the house is 108yrs old.
25'x 16' Attic Space
Ceiling Height before slop begins aprox. 10'
2 windows on each end.
Basic finishing. Needs reinforcing, flooring - subfloor, walls ceiling.
Note: Currently no heating in the upstairs of the house. House is heated through a gas fireplace that runs in the middle of the house. This is more than adequate to heat the bedrooms upstairs.
I wonder if it's at all possible to get a very rough estimate for the following projects. There are no structural changes, just replacements:
Bathroom: 10'4x5'3" replace bathtub, sink, toilet, retile floor, tile tub surround, replace countertop.
Kitchen: 9'2"x 8'4" replace countertops, replace sink. Open kitchen to living area by removing overhead cabinets above pass through (non-load bearing wall).
Remove carpet and baseboards replace with hardwood @ 619 sq. feet
Fireplace: paint or replace surround, add hand hewn wooden mantle (driftwood)
Paint throughout, replace baseboards, add trim to doorways
Would like to keep this below $30,000 incl. labour, if possible, open to suggestions. Will compromise on some materials (i.e. engineered/laminate vs. hardwood; laminate vs. granite countertops; large tiles vs. smaller pieces etc.)
I will keep existing cabinetry.
Also need a timeline. *Bathroom, paint, floors, countertops are priorities.
We are in the process of buying a 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2200 sf, 29 year old 2 level Cape Cod style home. The house looks pretty good from outside and the landscaping is relatively well done. However the interior has never been renovated. We would like to do the following to enhance the interior, please quote us a price and duration if you like. The house is located in New Westminster, BC. It has living room, powder room, dining room, family room and kitchen on the 1st level , 3 bedrooms and 2 full bath rooms are located on the 2nd level.
1) Update all flooring. Current flooring is carpet throughout. We would like to put hardwood flooring on the 1st floor and carpet on the 2nd floor except kitchen and bathrooms. Kitchen and bathroom can be tiles.
2) Update the kitchen, including cabinets, flooring, lighting, appliances. We like to build an island with quartz counter top and have lot of storage spaces. No need to move the electric plugs and wirings.
3) Update all 3 bathrooms: one power room and two full bath rooms.
4) Wall painting and molding. We'd like to install crown molding for most rooms and windows
5) Hot water tank replacement
Thank you very much!
Samantha and Mark
We'd like to add a mudroom in our entry to separate entryway and living room.
1. The side that facing entry is mudroom style, and the side facing living room can be bookcase.
2. Add light on the top, because our entryway don't have enough nature light.
3. We prefer maple wood or other wood material.
4. The size is around 7(length)*8(height)*3(wide)feet.
Thanks for your time!
We need to set up a gas top and connect it to a gas line in our fast food restaurant in New Westminster.
Also we need set up double sink, one hand sink and close/cut one water pipe.
Please let us know the price and the date when you can start. The best is asap.
Only certified professionals please.
This project mainly involves almost gutting an older ground floor condo unit. The first stage will be tearing out carpeting and laminate (kitchen/bathroom), wallpaper, fixtures and cabinetry(kitchen/bathrom) and appliances. it will also involve removing a small section of wall (~ from counter height and 2m wide to the ceiling) between the kitchen and living room. An electrical outlet will have to be moved for this part. I do not think the section of wall is load bearing but this will have to be assesed at the site. SIte visits for quotations may be available Sept 6-7.
There is a wide lane at the back of the building for disposal but building access still has to be sorted out. Quality by references, ability to complete the project between Sept 8-19ish and price will all be considered in selection.
If everything is aggreable in this first phase, there will be opportunity for work in a second phase. The second phase of the project will be installing new hardwood flooring, painting, tiles, plumbing fixtures, counters and cabinetry.
36 year old apartment - 696 sqft - 2nd floor apartment
-Remove laminate flooring throughout apartment and level floor and install new flooring (laminate and carpet) - Carpet is for the bedroom (11'1 x 11'4)
- fix small hole in "popcorn" ceiling - livingroom
- Remove box light fixture in kitchen (1970's ish) possible ceiling repair
- Remove old cabinets and counters
- detatch dishwasher
- Install flooring in kitchen (tile)
- Install new cabinets
-Provide and Install countertops
-Provide and install new hood/ range microwave
- reinstall dishwasher
-Install new light fixture
BATHROOM approx (5X8)
-Remove vanity/mirror etc.
-remove current flooring
-remove toilet to install new floor
- Provide and install new vanity
-install new flooring
- install light fixture
I have a standard condo kitchen that is a small square (not galley). I believe it is 10x10. I have a design done and most of the new appliances purchased. I'm looking for custom cabinets and countertops including an island and a tiled backsplash. Cabinets will need to match a pantry I had built last year. I'm looking for good quality at a reasonable cost - not "high end" - I do not have a lot of money. The kitchen currently in place is from when the apartment building was built 35 years ago and needs to be replaced.
it's almost 1200 Square ft. apartment with 2bedroom and den, 2 full bathrooms. I need to renovate all the floors from carpet to laminate so anything that is carpet has to go. The 2 bathrooms need a new updated laminate counter top with an undermount sink and 2 new toilets installed. The kitchen needs a new counter top and undermount sink and the cupboards just need a new updated surfacing. I need this all done in a week if possible so I can put the apartment on the market to sell and on a budget of $20,000.
Would like to get an estimate for our strata's sauna, games room and lobby area. The sauna has to be rebuilt floor to ceiling with new benches and tiling. The lobby needs new flooring, paint/wallpaper, and general upgrade. The games room needs paint, flooring and perhaps bar/ eating area with microwave/bar fridge.
We bought an older home in New West and we would like to get a quote for the following work:
1. Basement (approx. 1000 sqft): There's currently a plywood flooring with a really old carpet on top of it. We would like to find out what options we have to redo the flooring to make. Plus paint the walls, fix broken glass in the windows and insulate the gaps. There's also a very long closet along one walls (30') which is also needs to be painted inside and outside and some shelves need to be replaced.
2. Family room (13x11'): Change the carpet and extend the safety cover around the fireplace to meet the code (currently around 6-8"). Paint the walls (remove old wallpapers).
3. Bedroom (13x9'): Paint the walls and windows.
4. Storage area (second floor 10x8') change the carpet.
Could also quote separately how much would it be to paint the whole exterior (3,600 sqft) and sand the floors.
Approx. 830 sq. ft. Condo. My painter that I hires has taken off with half of my money. I am stuck & I got all the paint. I need help with painting all the above and floor boards, 1 bedroom also needs ceiling painted, need frameless bi-fold mirror closet doors 24" each, 1 bathroom door needs replacing - 6 panel colonist door 28" Wide x 80" Long. Curtain rods need installing. Kitchen and Bathrooms need TARKETT fiberfloors.
Bathroom 1 is 67 1/2" x 72", Bathroom #2 is 64" x 64", Kitchen is 50"W x 90" Long.
I need all this done by 5th April as I have company coming.
Need to build my rec room in my garage. Will need to build a wall with door frame and minor electrical work. the other 3 walls already exist, with electrical work installed. I will need to move my door to the other door frame once built, and also level off the floor. You will need knowledge of exhaust and load barring walls.
Heya! I'm a new owner of a very used condo (approx 580 sq ft) in New Westminster. There are tenants in there presently but I'll gain access August 15th.
Phase 1 of my reno is going to be wall repair, carpeting to be removed, flooring to be put down throughout (LVF I've chosen). Painting will need to be done. I have new appliances ordered to be delivered at the end of August prior to me moving in Sept 1.
I, however, am not going to be available to oversee this. I work on a TV series in town and will be working 90 hrs a week during this time.
I know it's a short term gig, but is it something you have time to take on? I have zero idea what order things have to get done - or the length of time it will take, and could use some advice.
- steel stud framing on concrete ceiling in 300 sq ft living room/ frame 2 closets/ shift a door 5 inches (steel studs provided)
- drywall (10 sheets needed)/ concrete boards in wet areas in 2 bathrooms (3'x6'x6' & 3'x4'x7')/ patching/ finishing where needed/ re-texture/popcorn some areas of the ceiling that are newly patched/ smooth ceiling in 2 bathrooms
- spray paint ceiling & doors/ paint condo (paint will be provided)
- hang 6 doors & 7 pocket doors & 1 shower glass (doors will be provided)
- tiling 2 bathroom floors/ 1 shower/ between kitchen cabinets/ dining floor/ kitchen floor - approx. 400 sf (tiles will be provided)
please provide your estimate for a response.
My dog used to sit in the hallway and, unfortunately, the oils from her coat went into the wallpaper, which is not washable. This left a black mark and I covered it with vinyl stick-on tiles, which did not look too bad but now the tiles are falling off and the black mark is showing.
I don't want to paint the paper, as has been suggested, but I like the idea of wainscoting.
The hallway length is just short of ten feet and the height of the Wainscoting would be at least 2 and a half feet.
I am open to ideas on the decoration, etc., and wonder how much all this would cost?
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started