Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Richmond homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 54 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Richmond seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $3,623,000.00 with a per project average of $67,092.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of Richmond General Contractors.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I recently purchased a townhouse (1400sq.ft. 2 bed 2 bath) with some renovation needs. I currently require a fair amount of repairs to the ceiling and walls. I am also looking to have the ceilings painted white after repair and the walls primed for painting. Call me to arrange a visit to review existing conditions and expectations.
I need to create a closet in 3 of my bedrooms with basic hanging and storage areas. It will require building a wall to match the interior and installing sliding doors.
I also need to change the carpets for engineered hardwood in 4 bedrooms and hallway.
Change the carpets for carpet in the living room, study room and stairs.
I am pressed for time so I would like to have it done as quickly as possible, preferably before mid June.
Have a old richmond home built in the 1960's. Need to convert front 9' of the garage into home office. Need door added from main entry hall to new office, and convert garage door opening to long window. Have electricity in room. need heat, finishing, insulation etc.
The bikes (4) will need a new home, need a secure outdoor storage added.
We would like to remove fireplace rocks, installing or fixing drywall behind the fireplace rocks, installing a fireplace mantel (owner bought), installing eight potlights with dimmer, protecting the floors from damage from the fireplace removal, ensuring dust containment from fireplace removal. See attached photo fo the fireplace.
*** If you send a cut and paste response, automatically generated email or it is clear that you did not completely read the details of this project then you will be ignored ***
We are looking for a complete renovation for kitchen/dining room, living room, family room and 3 bathrooms. The kitchen/dining room renovation includes deleting an adjoining wall. We have already spoken with an engineer who is in the process of finishing the drawings for us.
SCOPE OF WORK
Obtain Permits and Oversee Inspections - as required by code and / or city bylaw:
1. Remove wall between kitchen and dining room (Engineer contacted and currently drawing plans)
2. Move all electrical outlets and air vents to adjustment walls
3. Demolish and dispose of all cabinetry, flooring, plastic/wood wall panels, lighting, appliances, etc.
4. Remove exterior door and exterior stairs
5. Repair wall and exterior siding where kitchen door was removed
6. Repair interior drywall as required
7. Install supplied backsplash (approx. 27' 6€ linear feet)
8. Install supplied kitchen and dining room flooring (Porcelain tile)
9. Supply and install pot lights
10. Install supplied kitchen appliances
11. Prepare walls for painting
Dining room renovations
1. Remove and dispose of lighting
2. Repair ceiling where wall was removed and match with dining room and kitchen ceiling
3. Remove and dispose of spindle divider
4. Continue Porcelain tiling from kitchen
5. Supply and install pot lights
6. Supply and install baseboards
7. Prepare walls for painting
Master bedroom en-suite
1. Demolish and dispose of vanity, plumbing fixtures, shower enclosure, closet, flooring, lighting, etc.
2. Move all plumbing placement
3. Frame shower enclosure, Supply and install new shower pan, Supply and install waterproofing membrane
4. Install supplied tiles for shower wall and floor
5. Install supplied glass shower door
6. Install supplied toilet
7. Install supplied 2 sink vanity
8. Install supplied mirror
9. Install supplied 2 faucets
10. Install supplied flooring (porcelain tiles)
11. Install supplied vanity lights and ceiling light
12. Wall up closet area to create walk-in closet
1. Remove and dispose of toilet, vanity, lighting and shower
2. Remove and dispose of pocket door
3. Install supplied tile flooring
4. Install supplied toilet, vanity, mirror and lighting
5. Supply and install door and frame
1. Remove and dispose of tub, tub enclosure, toilet, vanity, mirror and flooring
2. Install supplied soaker tub, toilet, vanity, mirror and lighting
3. Install supplied flooring (tile)
4. Frame shower enclosure, supply and install new shower pan, supply and install waterproofing membrane
1. Remove and dispose of fireplace facing
2. Re-face fireplace
3. Supply and install electric fireplace mantle
4. Install TV wall mount and cable conduit
1. Remove valances
2. Redo furnace piping for future high efficiency furnace
3. Install supplied security cameras
Looking for a licenced, insured and bonded contractor to handle renovation of a 20 year old condomium in Richmond B.C. Work include:
1) Replace existing carpet with hardwood including acoustic, sound proof under pad with a minimum STC rating of 70 (about 900 sq. ft.)
2) Replace existing linoleum with floor tiles (about 200 sq. ft.)
3) Repaint all walls and ceiling (about 1300 sq. ft. of ceiling and 1000 sq. ft. of walls)
4) Replace existing water closets (2 nos)
5) Replace a bathroom cabinet with a new one (about 2'D x 3'W x 3'H)
6) Install a new washbasin in bathroom
7) Re-stain existing kitchen cabinet doors (about 20 nos.)
8) Replace existing water faucets (4 nos) in bathrooms and kitchen
9) Install an hand-held shower head in shower booth
10) Assemble two 6'W x 8'H x 2'D IKEA wardrobe closets
11) Install ceiling lamps and wall lamps (5 nos)
12) Miscellaneous carpentry works (about 20 man-hours)
Work need to be completed before the end of October 2012.
900sf 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment.
Interior painting of the walls, ceilings & doors.
Remove carpet and install laminate floors in the bedrooms, living and dining area.
Bathroom: countertops & floor tiles (only master bathroom needs new bath tiles)
Kitchen: sink & faucet replace, quartz countertops & floor tiles
New house project construction, looking for
1. hazard material sampling, testing and removal.
2. tree removal, demolision, ditch fill in, excavation.
3. Foundation, framing
4. concrete tile roofing
5. alu gutter drainage
6 electrical rough in
7 air conditioning
9 stone veneer
11 dry wall
12. interior finish
Looking at a full reno to modernize. House built in 1978. The house is 2316sqft on a 5000sqft lot in Richmond.
Split level 3 bedroom house. Work requested:
1. New tile in foyer
2. New flooring everywhere
3. Renovation of 3 bathrooms
4. Full kitchen renovation including knocking down a wall to create an open space
5. New entrance porch build
6. Paint everywhere once renos done
7. New windows and doors
Thats the major things, there are smaller jobs like, changing all power sockets, etc...
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Home Renovation, house 24 years old, 2 levels, build from wood.
We plan to contract the following work:
1) New cedar fence approximately 100 ft long, facing west side
2) Renovation and isolation of south house wall 30 feet wide and 2 levels high. Please describe method of renovation/ isolation. Current wall has small holes and cracks.
3) New deck stairs (wood or metal) 14 stairs required
4) Deck re-surfacing 280 sqft (partly roof of garage), banisters must be removed and remounted after surfacing. Current surface is leaking and made from vinyl.
5) Bath room renovation upper level, new shower and sink, size approximately 7x10 feet.
Please quote single item or all items with best price and proposed duration and timing of work performed. Please indicate if you are an insured contractor and provide reference of previous projects. Work finalized by end of August.
1/2 duplex recentlly purchased - approx 1700 sq. ft 26 years old. wall to wall carpet throughout. We want to install engineered hardwood through out with tile in two bathrooms and kitchen. New paint with baseboards and Ikea kitchen to be installed. The old kitchen torn out, the carpet removed and disposed of and the same with exisiting flooring in bathrooms and kitchen and floor. Also new lighting installed with vent fan system installed in two bathrooms.Hardwood floor accounts for approximately 1545 sq.ft. Would also require new kitchen counter i.e. granite or simulair product. Please only contact us if you can complete all aspects of the work. We are looking for a general contractor. Work to be completed by June 11, 2010. Also need to provide verification of adequate insurance, WorkSafe BC coverage and references.
Our apartment has a den that is open to the living room. It was designed so that a wall could be built in this opening, making the den into an enclosed bedroom. We are interested in having this done, and adding a new electrical outlet for each side of this wall. The opening is 7' wide by 8' high. Secondly, our main bathroom and en suite are separated by a sliding pocket door. We would also be interested in removing it and replacing it with a solid wall. This opening is aprox. 24" wide by 82" high.
I want to renovate a 9' x 10' U-shaped kitchen in an apartment unit with new cabinets, stone countertop, new undermount sink, and ensuite with new 3' cabinets and stone countertop and laminate floor for the whole unit about 980 sqft. I wish to have everything done under $10,000. Please advise. Many thanks.
Kitchen size approx 20x15
Need to re-arrange keeping existing cupboards/drawers adding pantry, need to remove existing wall, raising roof removing the skylight roof, and new floor laminate or tiles.
L - shape stair right now no railings need to remove some walls and replace w/railings.
One room would like to install closet and full bath not sure if walls need to be extended to make some room.
We would like to have a detailed accurate quote so please advise your availability to do a site inspection.
Thanks in advance,
We live in a 33 year old townhouse. Our washer and dryer were installed by the previous owners in what was once an upstairs hall closet. They currently sit side by side and are concealed from the hallway with bi-fold doors. Recently our old washing machine leaked, causing minor damage to the old vinyl tile and to the sub floor. The damage was not enough to justify making a claim through our house insurance (they assessed the damage); however, the sub floor inside the closet will need to be replaced.
What we would like to have done is completely gut the closet and better situate the plumbing and electrical to allow for us to stack a new front loading washer and dryer pair on the left hand side of the closet. We would also like to add a laundry sink with cabinet underneath on the right hand side with storage cabinets above the sink. New flooring and sub flooring would have to be installed.
The closet dimensions are approximately 33 inches deep, 60 inches wide, and 96 inches high. Our one concern is that the closet is not very deep and it may be difficult to conceal the newer style front loading washer and dryer behind a bi-fold door. As such, we are open to different solutions for designing the closet and making it aesthetically appealing.
10 x 10 laundry room shed attached to main house needs partial plate replacement (10 feet on south facing side and 2 or 3 feet on east side), hydraulic jacks already purchased for taking load off of plates. Contractor to purchase 2 by 10 joist (approx 12 lin. ft.) nails, exterior lathe and install and removal of hydraulic jacks through vent access holes. Max four hours: looking for reasonable estimate. Thank you.
13x8 L-shaped room.
loose carpet and lino on a concrete pad.
prior owner added a wall dividing the room in 2.
holes in ceiling for pipes and vents.
Build sofit to cover pipes and ceiling holes where practical.
Fix drywall, paint.
Install new linoleum
Install new laundry sink.
Due to water egress into our underground parkade, we are looking for someone to supply and install several sealed galvanized drip trays. These trays will need to be attached to the concrete ceiling, and plumbed to ground.
We are a larger Condo complex with over 100 units, located in the south Richmond area of BC.
If you are interested in quoting on this project, please contact us to arrange a time to come out and review the affected areas.
We are opening a health and wellness facility in the Richmond area. We are in need of leasehold improvements. The facility is 2030 sq feet.
Here are some of the things that need to get done;
-walls put up for treatment rooms,
I am sure I am missing some things that will need to get done but we can discuss those when an estimate is put together and a site visit.
It is a brand new building in Richmond.
I'm looking into either legalizing an exisitng secondary suite or restoring it to its original condition. I'd like a quote on both to see which would be a better option for me. The suite is about 600 sq feet. It has only electrical and no gas. It has a kitchen, one bedroom and one bathroom with a stand-up shower.
In addition to that, the property itself apparently is not the same as what the city of Richmond has on record. In other words, there will be permits that need to be submitted for changes that have been made. They should be all interior changes, such as wall removal/addition, addition of plumbing and electrical, conversion of a car port into a garage.
I would also need a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician to check the exisitng installation of the property to make sure it is up to code.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started