Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Victoria homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 44 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Victoria seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $1,912,000.00 with a per project average of $43,454.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of Victoria General Contractors.
We have got a building envelope condition assessment and below are the recommendations.
-Replace all face sealed stucco clad walls with strapped rainscreen wall assemblies (vinyl or hardy board )
-Replace all face sealed wood clad walls with strapped rainscreen walls assemblies (vinyl or hardy board )
-During restoration, correct deviations in original framing
-Repaint at grade concrete walls with a vapour permeable paint
-Review north elevation balcony structure to determine cause of sagging/settlement
-Replace plywood decking and apply a 60 mil PVC balcony membrane
-Replace guardrail assemblies with new aluminum assemblies completed with glass panel.
-Reconstruct enclosed balcony guardrails/guardwalls, reinstall existing glazing.
We have just purchased a condo unit and wish to do some renovations to it in the beginning of January. Primary requirements are:
1) Remove carpet and existing flooring in kitchen dining room and hallways and one small bathroom and replace with laminate and tile as required. About 700 sq.ft
2) replace countertops in kitchen, install a dishwasher, install new tap and sink, remove a partial wall and extend countertop about 2 feet to create abit of an island. Relocate the microwave.
3) build in a desk area in an existing closet for computer station
There may be other work but this is our starting point.
We are updating our condo in Victoria, BC. This complex is very well maintained and managed and was built in the mid 90's the unit is in very good condition however just needs an update. The condo is 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, total square footage is 1081. We are looking to put in all new flooring as follows: engineered hardwood in the living room (14' 2" x 13'11) dining room (10'4x5'11) entrance (6'2" x 5'9") and hallway (13'7" x 3'). Underpad is to be of highest quality for sound. Carpet and underlay in the bedrooms. Bedroom 1) 16'3 X 14'7" Bedroom 2) 13'3" x 8'11. Lino in the kitchen - 13'3 X 7" and an eating area - 6'10" X 5'. and lino in the bathrooms. Quality to be of best to better grade.
Replace existing countertops in kitchen/bar, and bathrooms with laminate. Kitchen - 7' straight counter with double sink, Bar 7'1" and 18" deep, piece at the end of stove 1'7" and a corner piece (inside corner, stand in the V) that measures 3'10 1/2" on the outside edge. Master Bathroom straight - 6'7" (one sink) Guest Bathroom- 3' 1" (one sink).
We require workers to take out the existing carpet, take off baseboards where lino, and hardwood would be laid, move the fridge and stove to lay the floor then move back, remove the existing countertops, take out existing toilets. A plumber to replace a dishwasher, hook up existing sinks, and existing garburator, and install 2 new toilets. An electrician to hook up dishwasher and two simple ceiling fixtures. Carpenter to replace the existing baseboards (still in good shape and if removed carefully most can be reused)
Painter to paint the whole condo. total 1081 square foot. The only ceilings to be painted are the kitchen/eating area and the bathrooms (White). All walls will be painted two coats of the same light color, and the trim 2 coats of a white color. 5 closets to be painted the wall color.
Please provide us with an estimate.
1. Construct a 6X8 foot lunch room in existing warehouse unit. Require eating area for 2 people (cafe counter type setup), deep sink with faucet in minimum 36 inch wide cabinet, hot and cold water, 1 door, 1 window, electrical outlets for coffee machine and microwave, and adequate lighting. There is currently no drainage or water in the area that the lunch room is to be located. Location will be near (within 8 or 10ft) but not backing onto an existing bathroom, therefore part of the existing floor will need to be demolished in order to tie into the existing bathroom drain. The floor is concrete. The lunchroom floor must be sealed or finished in linoleum.
2. Bathroom #1 -Replace one wall mounted sink (with faucet) in bathroom, and replace/repair innards of toilet tank.
Bathroom #2 -Replace one wall mounted sink with a sink (and faucet) in 24 inch cabinet base.
3. Replace carpet in office with carpet or laminate (high traffic area) must be durable. 14.5 X 23 ft.
Landlord has agreed to renovations. Permits not applied for.
Would like to complete project by Mid Jan 2010.
As above, we are looking to do the work to our 1800 sqft semi detached home in Langford:
- build a deck (approx 1410) of the second floor of a split entry home.
- replace approx 900 sqft of roof, with ventillation assesment
- remove 7 ft of load bearing wall on second floor) (no finishing just removal)
- remove old and install new exterior doors and jambs
- definite possibility of future work
The house is a total of 1250 sq ft. Built in 1978. We wish to utilize as much of the existing space as possible by removing the current wood fireplace front in living room and putting a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. We then would like to modernize the interior living space to reflect today's interior styles.
We are looking for a construction company who is capable of completing the work containd below.
High Level Work Statement
Remove linoleum flooring and install laminate flooring
Corner round molding between floor and cabinets
Replace baseboards as required to match rest of house
Paint walls and ceiling
Remove popcorn ceiling
Remove carpet and install laminate flooring
Paint walls and ceiling
Remove sliding glass doors. Install one sliding glass and one french doors.
Remove old fireplace/hearth and drywall opening.(inside only)
Create corner fireplace unit (electric, half height)
Remove popcorn ceiling
Remove carpet and install laminate flooring
Paint walls and ceiling
Frame in sliding glass door to be same size and shape as other living room window.
New windows installed
Wall mounting and hookup for wall mounted TV unit
Electric panel (molding to cover holes left by electrician)
Storage area under stairs
Floor needs fixing (hole where fireplace used to be)
Reseal front door.
Address back door issues.
Carpets on stairs?
We know what we want although we have not selected the materials (windows, moulding, flooring, etc) We would like the job completed prior to Christmas so a quick start and finish is required. We can move all the furniture out of the lower floor but will continue to reside in the upper floor during reno. If you have further questions, please call number after hours or leave a message and I wll return your call. You must have references to apply.
Job 1. Renovate or redesign and rebuild steps from driveway to kitchen entrance (currently about 12 steps).
Job 2. Wire and install 10 foot steel/cast iron lamp pole and lantern close to driveway gate. 110 volt Power source previously installed to gates including supply for lamp and is about 8 feet away. Will require teaching across existing asphalt driveway.
Lower floor work
1. New windows on wall under the wall with the fireplace on the main floor
a. may require repositioning of the current electrical panel
b. may require repositioning on the power meter, cable and phone utilities;
2. New wall to enclose the existing open space and extend 3 feet forward
c. windows as many as technically possible
d. entrance door/entrance
3. New dividing wall and door to create 2 rooms at the place of the one, one to be kitchen
d. plumbing in one of the rooms where the kitchen will be
e. ventilation for the one where the kitchen will be
4. Divide the existing laundry
a/ new wall
b/ new door
5. New laundry complete install
a/ new wall
b/ new door
6. New dividing door for the entrance
7. Laminate floors everywhere except washroom and laundry roughly 680 sq.f.
8. Painting as needed
1. Enclose and extend the covered deck as needed to match the lower floor
a. remove the existing wall and windows;
b. install new wall and windows;
2. Hardwood floor in the family room, dining room, new office space and the living room and hallways roughly 953sq.f.
a. remove the existing floor;
b.install excellent sound proofing barrier
3. Tiles in the kitchen
a. remove the existing floor;
b. sound proofing
4. refresh the kitchen
a. reshape the counter to follow the wall up to the window;
b. new counter and sink;
c. new appliances
d. current sink to go downstairs;
e. fridge to go downstairs
f. cabinets design to stay, extend to the top with no empty space
g. new lights if/as needed;
5. refresh the mast bathroom with new counter, shower cabin and as needed.
a. fix the window, may have some humidity issue with the window frame
c/ new double sink counter and shower;
6. refresh the second bathroom
The budget estimate is only for those elements covered in the description as specific to the contractor and does not include the flooring, cabinetry, counter tops or materials. Negotiable obviously.
2 Bdrm 2 Bath condo, Quadra and bay area - 970 sq ft.
We are looking for a contractor to advise and coordinate elements of this reno to begin in a month or two, as soon as practical.
Flooring ( lino) and carpeting will be replaced throughout the condo by Home Depot/Rona type folks. They will also coordinate new kitchen counters. A company will reface the kitchen cabinets.
The contractor will help with coordinating and/or performing:
1) Removal of a partial partition, non-load bearing wall in the kitchen area, that has phone lines and electric lines. Capping said wall at waist level to allow counter top to be placed on top (the wall is a right angle V shape adjacent to the end of the current counters.)
2) Coordinate and or perform the repair to the ceiling this removal will cause, plus addition of pot lights over new counter tops.
3) Removal of old vanities in both bathrooms together with new toilets and mirror cabinets. In guest bathroom the possible removal of tub to be replaced with shower stall, making room for additional storage space (cabinet? shelving?)
4) some baseboard replacement and framing in moulding around closets.
We have a1650 sf townhouse in great repair but 35 yrs old. Wall between kitchen and dining room to be removed with circuit breaker box moved, kitchen cabinets are nine yrs old, want redesign of kitchen and cabinet face, build dining room cabinet, paint and redo flooring for entire interior, install pocket door. Wish consult with designer.
I need to repaint the kitchen, replace floor and cabinetry/counter top and install a dishwasher. Size of kitchen~ 10.5x14ft/ height= 7.5ft.
If things work out well I would then need to paint and replace floor in the rest of the house [~1200 sqft] but this should be subject to another estimate.
Wish to add a small bathroom . The location will be in the front of house. In the foyer area. (South east corner of house) Have to frame one wall. install a two piece , run water pipe from front of property aprox. 12 feet away . Install a small electric hot water heater for point of use ? Existing Hot water tank is at back north east corner of house . Sewer connection is at back of house (North east corner as well) , sewer line is to go out of house at front behind new toilet and down driveway and conect to sewer ? There is a suite and gas force air ducts . Or use a macerating unit ? Instead of running sewer line ?
Double wide trailer/1200 sq ft, vinyl siding/require new windows all around/built in 1973.
Entire mobile home sits on concrete pad and needs to be leveled first. Steel beams 3 feet in from outside of skirting/easily accessable. would like to see a quote asap and start work asap.
We are looking to do a bunch of different projects in our home and are looking for a fair priced contractor. I will be purchasing all of the major materials so the quote will be for labour and any basic working materials needed.
- Replacing flooring on a staircase (from laminate to vinyl tile)
- Kitchen refresh. possibly installing a dishwasher (no existing)
- Replacing approx 5 upstairs windows
- Replacing approx 7 doors
- leveling of concrete patio in the backyard
- Replacing of vanities in two bathrooms
- Replacing of a set of closet doors
Refinish an approx. 19X7 foot room including lowering of celing, levelling of sloped floor, wall unit, storage closet, new exterior door, carpeting and tiling of floor, installation of pony wall, associated electrical (lighting, base board heating, outlets).
removal and disposal of existing carpet, doors, lino etc
Interior floor leveling with 2X6 and plywood (19X7 former garage / room with approx. 8 inch slope)
Framing / Structure
Drywall new framed pony wall (approximately 80 inches long by 3 or 4 feet high
Drop ceiling approx 2'
Rebuild stairs (2 stairs high) to accommodate new floor We're not sure if we want carpet on the stairs or tile € is there a cost difference and if yes, how much?
Rough-in for pocket door
Build storage area near stairs, we would like the area to have wardrobe-style opening (two outswing doors), to conceal a bottom drawer and 6 storage cubes above (3 rows of two cubes). Area to go from floor level to bottom of window frame (5 feet high, and approx. 30 inch X 30 inch).
Exterior Doors & Windows
Supply and Install one new insulated steel exterior exterior door
Remove existing wall mount heater and reinstall new low voltage/energy baseboard at front wall (entry)
Supply and install 6 potlights-4 in main tv space on a dimmer- 2 at entry on separate switch. Would like location of switches for the 2 lights over entry to be on the same wall as the pocket door.
Supply and install new electrical plug at wall mount (tv height) and potential move one plug from behind new wall cabinet
- Would be interested in putting accent lighting in cabinets, depending on cost.
Would like an electrical outlet placed in south end of crawl space for a freezer
Insulate wood framed floor
Insulate foundation wall at new framing (approx. 7 feet by 3 feet)
Walls & Ceilings
repair all failing joints at all walls in room (approx. 3 to do)
New drywall at new framed built out wall to hide concrete (7 by 3 feet approx.)
Tile & Special Finishes
Supply and Install Tile entry area (approx. 5X4 feet)
Supply and install new baseboard trim-Fir- 80ln ft
Supply and Install one pocket door
remove existing door to crawl space, cut down to match new floor level and re-install
Cabinets & Countertops
TV wall Cabinet (8 x 7 approx. with 4 cupboards on top row, flat screen tv area between 2 bookshelves for middle row, 1 cupboard, 2 stereo component shelves and 1 drawer in center, and 2 drawers on right of bottom row)
Paint ceiling and walls, door and trim
Supply and install new carpet on 2 stairs, and area approx. 10X7
I just bought a 1987 townhouse and I'm looking for someone that will remove the stipple/ popcorn on the ceiling, smooth and patch where needed and paint the ceiling. About 400 sq ft of popcorn to remove and about 600 sq ft to paint (the ceiling in the powder room and kitchen is already smooth but still needs paint).
Depending on cost ( I have no idea how much this type of thing costs) I might also consider doing the second floor too.
Remove drywall/stucco ceiling, Need to Insulate, vapour barrier, redrywall/stucco. Approx 300sq.f. Also there is nothing blocking wind from going up under the eves and between the deck and drywall. Need to be blocked in or sealed off between the rafters. Would just like a rough estimate so we have some idea what it will cost House was made in 70's.
We have an older 850 square feet rancher in central Victoria BC which needs an update and the works shall be completed during May 3013.
The project includes:
-removing a part of the wall that divides the living room from the kitchen;
-removing the old kitchen cabinets (2.30 linear metres)
-alteration of the kitchen window to a french door (the with of the door to match the with of the existing window)
-removing the tub and the floor tiles in the bathroom (very small bathroom) and preparing the surface for a shower stall ( installing the tiles around the shower stall ) and the floor.
changing the bedroom window and the living room windows;
installing the laminate throughout the house
painting the interior and exterior of the house
We would appreciate estimates for this project.
Thank you for expressing your interest.
I am a young owner of a condo located in a well-run building in Victoria. It is 800 square feet, 1 bed + den, 1 bath. I have been living in it for 8 months and am preparing to rent it out this fall. It has not been updated since the 90s. My goal is to fix the couple of existing issues, and update it enough for it to be easily rented to a high-quality tenant.
- OVERALL: Sand and touch up all baseboards. Replace door trim, interior doors (4) and closet doors (1). Paint all walls and ceiling.
- KITCHEN: Demo everything and install new cabinets, laminate counters and SS appliances. Replace tile floor with vinyl plank flooring. Remove existing pantry. Relocate two electrical outlets.
- BATHROOM: Demo everything. Take out tub surround including the drywall around it (it has been water damaged). Install new drywall, water barrier, one-piece tub surround and faucets. Replace toilet. Replace vanity. Replace vanity light. Pain and touch up trim. Replace tile floor with vinyl plank.
- ENTRY: Replace tile floor with vinyl plank
I am very hands-on, decisive and organized. I have already purchased my appliances, vinyl plank flooring and have ordered my kitchen cabinets. My strata council has already approved of my renovation plan. I am looking for someone who can take over from here and oversee the rest of the project. This would include managing demolition, overseeing the kitchen install, installing the new flooring, taking care of sanding/trim/paint/doors, overseeing plumbing, overseeing electrical, letting tradespeople in/out of the condo, managing the timeline. I am looking for someone trustworthy with experience in condos/stratas. This would be a great part-time project that would allow you to have other projects on the go!
The anticipated reno start date is July 1st, with required completion by the 3rd week of August.
I need a 2 small walls to be framed and drywall installation. I need a pony wall removed and some repair to a wall after removing the pony wall and some electrical - taking off a baseboard heater, installing a plug for an oven and a couple of standard plugs for a refrigerator, and some lighting installed.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started