Barry's Construction & Renovation, Ltd. strives to meet the consumerÂ’s needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, Barry's Construction & Renovation, Ltd. takes great care to wor read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Extra Caution with this Company!!
This is a very truthful review!!
- he installed new shower stall..the floor cracked around the drainage. I reported it to him right after seeing it. But he never showed up..after such long time he came and I personally showed to him every work that he's done unsatisfactorily.
- The buttom of every door frames in my closet, in the small bathroom, in the big bathroom and in every room has a big gap.
- the edge on top of the ceiling in the Jacuzzi bathtub had cracked after three months even we haven't use it yet.
- the seam of the wall tiles was unevenly grouted or missed to be grouted.
- how ugly dirty grouted floor of this Jacuzzi bathroom wasn't properly done. It wasn't wiped off thoroughly so after it dried up it looks like stained around the tiles. I'd scrubbed the floor but it never came off.
- the faucets he installed on the double sink vanity cabinet in this Jacuzzi bathroom were shorter so when we wash our hands it run down to the corner of the countertop. The water sits there..the drainage cap of this double sink vanity has no thread.. this was purchased at ikea but it must have purchased obviously from the markdown department.
- the vanity cabinet on the right side corner is expanded due to water that runs down on the side.
- I had a separate basement windows quote from another company prior to it kind of costly but we were hoping that our basement will not be cold; but Quacy Barry told me that he included the windows with the cost. I was really excited how these windows going to be.. The renovation he'd done here was finished in October 28, 2014. Right at the end of November 2014..it started to get very cold and frost..we see the windows sweating and was installed loosely..you can shake these windows on both sides. I called him so he can check, and he came. So he had seen these windows covered with plastic cellophanes. My husband could not wait for him to come.. so he had to install them..because we want to minimize our hydro bills and also it is so cold. He said, he will come back but he didn't... In after two years he showed up unexpectedly and he said he's coming back after two months. To this day, it is now September 23, 2018 he has never called or returned my text messages or my phone calls.
- the laminate floor he installed after three months it cracked too. Infront of my younger son's front door and some areas in the hallway..the floor is squeaky because the main floor that he labelled was uneven..so when we walk around there's area's that squeak.
- he hire workers that are inexperience and these people can do a lousy job. That's what happened to our very unsatisfactory renovation in our basement.
- for the period of more than 8 weeks..twice or thrice he didn't show up without notice. I believed he had to go to his other project. He's commitment is divided.
- I plan to report him on Business Bureau and to the Toronto Licensing office. I think it's about time my long patience of waiting has expired..
It is very hard to trust people like him. He has a stubborn heart. I told him about a little comment on in between the cabinet that he installed for the electrical box..but he said, it was so ugly before! He kind of angry. I kept silent..if its me, I can accept critic on my handy work to improve the quality and workmanship.
I do not recommend him and his company.
Quacy and his crew were excellent. You will be hard pressed to find a contractor who is as exacting and careful while still being competitively priced. He is so good I am already having trouble booking him for my next project. Hire him with confidence.
Barry's Construction & Renovation Ltd. has a TrustScore™ of 1.7. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Toronto and the surrounding areas is 3.1. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Yes|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2002|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Accessibility, Cabinetry and Millwork, Ceiling, Decks, Design Build, Drywalling, Fencing, Floor Refinishing, Flooring, Garage Construction, Home Construction, Kitchen Renovations, Tiling, Basement Lowering, Bathroom Renovations, Carpentry, Closet and Storage, Fireplaces, Floor Heating, Framing, Home Restoration, Painting, Stucco
Barry's Construction & Renovation, Ltd. strives to meet the consumer s needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project.
In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, Barry's Construction & Renovation, Ltd. takes great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small the job.
Thank you for choosing Barry's Construction & Renovation, Ltd. Please visit my online business card.
|Main contact(s)||Quacy Barry|
|Alternate Phone Numbers||800-438-5192|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Warranty||Warranty details not yet provided|
|Accepts credit cards||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service||Yes|
|Insurance information||Contact Barry's Construction & Renovation Ltd. to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Barry's Construction & Renovation Ltd. has contributed 1 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum