Rachel and Patrick at Cadence Construction have been a dream to work with. Admittedly, this is my first major renovation and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. By the end of the renovation, Rachel feels more like a friend than contractor/project manager.
Some highlights are:
1. From the initial walk through of my home and what my idea for the reno was, Rachel and Patrick showed up on time, and were ready to work. They took everything I said down and offered suggestions without being pushy. This is important to note because, while I loved their suggestions, it just wasn't my idea. They said ok and took my ideas back and provided me with a detailed quote based on what I wanted.
2. This takes me to the quote which was extremely detailed with estimated costs beside every point that we discussed and then some. It was very easy to understand and made me very comfortable with how my money was going to be spent. Rachel let me know that these are estimates and some expenses might be a bit higher if we makes changes along the way while some might be lower if we don't require as many materials as quoted. All would be updated in the end (subtracting and adding as needed)
3. Pre-reno - once the contract was signed Rachel set up a time to meet me and different stores to pick everything out TOGETHER. This was huge because she knows what works and what doesn't, what works within budget and what other options there are that I never would have thought of. If I went out a purchased something myself (sink and faucet, as an example) then it comes off the quote in the end.
4. Reno time - the team that came to my house to do the dirty work was very respectful of that fact that I sometimes work from home and were so good with my young son when he would return from school. They let him participate a little bit and he loves that he got to write his name in our kitchen which will be there forever. I love that it's hidden :)
5. Hit by the reno bug - once things got underway I realized I wanted a few nicer things...of course. Rachel was very helpful and detailed each cost along the way so there were no surprises in the end.
6. Final Result - I am in LOVE!!! My floors look amazing. You can't tell that there was ever nasty popcorn ceiling, i'm in love with my kitchen - so much extra space now with 4 corner cabinets where there none, the trim and caulking is so sleek, etc.
7. Customizations - instead of leaving dead space in my kitchen, the team custom built a floor to ceiling pantry, cute cupboards on either side of my above range microwave and built in fridge with lots of storage above it. Of course this came with costs but it was soooooooo cheap and was discussed beforehand.
8. Tired of reading? I'll stop here as I'm beginning to ramble, but I highly recommend Cadence Construction. The team was great, the execution was flawless and my overall opinion is I'M SO HAPPY.
Now to save for the basement :)