Can-Fix Canada specializes in a Full Range of Handyman Services and Home Repairs. We have over 30 Years experience in Home Renovations and Repairs. We are Professional, Honest, Reliable, Licensed & Insured. We have a full range of Licensed Tradesman on Staff including electrician, plumber, carpenter, window & door installation, read more...
Can-Fix and his team finished my washroom few weeks ago. Size 5 x10 feet. Complete demolition and rebuild. (Cost about 8K Plus tiles, vanity, toilet, shower and other fixtures)
Charlie and his team members are very friendly and generally trustworthy. I've had given them keys to my home and they had never gave me a reason to worry.
However, If I was to hire him again, I would :
1. Write more details in the contract as we conflicted numerous time due to scope of work.
2. Seek assurance on best methodology to complete the job. In the current job I do see many shortcuts and errors.
Following are the deficiencies i found after the job was completed:
1. Within couple of days after completion, vanity drawer panel came out.
2. Shower plumbing was not done properly and had to call plumber to fix pipes which are not fastened behind the tiles. This is something I have to live with as it is not possible to fix the problem due to tiles.
3. Un-leveled floor
4. New interior wall is not truly straight.(not an issue to visible eye but when you have granite back splash against the wall, it is pretty visible to the naked eye)
5. Shower Tray center has movement in the center when having shower. (another thing which can't be fixed and I have to live with it)
5. Did not use recommended material below tiles. (Yellow drywall (2' x 4')was used , as far as I have researched online it is good for wet areas and can be used inplace of green board but it is not a substitute for cement board. I discussed this during the project and Charlie assured me that it is a cement board. ref: http://www.gp.com/build/product.aspx?pid=4659).
6. Damaged laminate flooring downstairs after water leakage left overnight. (Found out only after the job was completed)
I have my share of regrets from this project but they might be still better than many contractors out there and they can do reasonably good job with smaller scope of work.
I engaged Charlie to fix a leaking toilet. I called him on a Monday, said he could not come till Wednesday at 10 am,which was fine because he was busy. He arrived around 10:30, looked at the job and said he could not fix that day because it would take longer than he thought and he did not have the time. He said he would be back on Friday at 9 am. I called him at 9:30, left a message as to where he was. He called me back at 9:45 saying he would not be able to make it and that I should just get another plumber to do the job. I doubt he would have called me at all if I did not call him first. Charlie is totally unprofessional and totally unreliable. I would never recommend this guy to anyone. He has mislead me and cannot be relied upon.
Sometimes we should just say no.
I was contacted by Paul on Monday Sept. 19/11. He advised me he needed help to change a feed line for his main floor powder room. I suggested to him to call a plumber as I was very busy. He said he did not want to call a plumber for such a small job that they ould be to expensive, that it was just a small job that would only take a few minutes could I please try to help him. I said I would try to get there on Wednesday morning that I was very busy but woud try.
I arrived on Wednesday around 10.00 am, having already purchased a new feedline and shutoff valve. On examining the situation I realized that Paul' small job was far more than he had told me.
The toillette was located in a corner and close to the floor, as well Paul or somebody had covered the existing feedline with a hard white substance trying to stop the leak. I advised Paul that his Small Job was going to be far more than a few minutes, that the toillette would need to be removed and it would probably take 4 to 5 hrs. and that I had not allowed that much time because he had said it was just a feedline.
Once again I advised Paul to call somebody else that I was very busy and that I was getting married on Saturday. He asked could I try to fit him in. I said I would try for Friday morning. I left the feedline and shutoff valve there with the intent to return I Friday.
Friday, morning arrived and we had a family emergency to deal with. I called Paul, apologized and advised him of the situation and that I would not be able to make it.
Paul was never charged for my time and was not asked to pay for the parts I left behind.
I feel Paul's complaint is totally unjustified, if he had not misled me from the start I would have understood the magnitude of the job and definnetly woud have said no.
Unfortunately this is the only forum that I can express concerns with dealing with Can-Fix. Charlie provided a fair quote for the work and was the middle bidder so Can-Fix was selected to do the work. Overall, the job was okay but be cautious about the details when working with them.
1) They cut an access hole in a closet to fish a wire and left the drywall and mess in place with no mention that they had cut into the wall and no cleanup.
2) They removed a kick panel mounting piece needed for proper installation from the site and threw it out. Can-Fix ignored EMAIL requests and when I finally reached Charlie, he promised to return it five days ago, did not show up and will not return any phone calls.
3) They used a flexible water line that was pulled taught to connect the dishwasher. We had to remove the unit and replace with a longer hose to get the tension off the hose.
4) Can-Fix was supposed to rebuild a cupboard unit and reuse the left panel to enclose the unit fully but did not do so and left the side of the dishwasher exposed into the remaining open cupboard.
The electrical work that was done was good but pay attention to the details before you pay Can-Fix to ensure the work is done to your satisfaction fully. Once he is paid....he is gone....
Can-Fix Canada has a TrustScore™ of 2.4. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Mississauga and the surrounding areas is 3.6. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||1|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Company Website||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||1986|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2010|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
With over 30 years experience in the home repair and renovation industry, We at Can- Fix Handyman Services are fully qualified to undertake any and all home repairs you may require.
We have a Window Wise Certified Installer availble with our staff to facilitate any and all Window & Door requirements you may have.
Awnings, Bathroom Renovations, Cabinetry and Millwork, Caulking, Ceiling, Concrete Work, Countertops, Decks, Drywalling, Framing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Kitchen Renovations, Masonry, Painting, Plumbing, Siding, Tiling, Basement Renovations, House Cleaning, Property Maintenance, Wallpapering, Window Treatment
Can-Fix Canada has received 1 complaints from their suppliers and/or creditors
Complaint: Charles Fisher was found guilty in the Ontario Small Claims Court on June 26, 2015 of owing over $ 13,000 to a former employee and has not paid the judgment.
Can-Fix Canada specializes in a Full Range of Handyman Services and Home Repairs. We have over 30 Years experience in Home Renovations and Repairs. We are Professional, Honest, Reliable, Licensed & Insured.
We have a full range of Licensed Tradesman on Staff including electrician, plumber, carpenter, window & door installation, drywall finishing, painting, brick layer and many more. What ever your need Can-Fix Canada has the Craftsmen availble to complete your projects and repairs. Big or small Can-Fix Canada can do it all.
Every Task is performed in a professional manner with a signed contract and a 2 YEAR WARRANTY.
|Main Contact(s):||Charlie Fisher|
|Alternate Phone Numbers:||905-808-6512,|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2010|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing Information:||Contact Can-Fix Canada to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact Can-Fix Canada to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.