Can-Fix and his team finished my washroom few weeks ago. Size 5 x10 feet. Complete demolition and rebuild. (Cost about 8K Plus tiles, vanity, toilet, shower and other fixtures)
Charlie and his team members are very friendly and generally trustworthy. I've had given them keys to my home and they had never gave me a reason to worry.
However, If I was to hire him again, I would :
1. Write more details in the contract as we conflicted numerous time due to scope of work.
2. Seek assurance on best methodology to complete the job. In the current job I do see many shortcuts and errors.
Following are the deficiencies i found after the job was completed:
1. Within couple of days after completion, vanity drawer panel came out.
2. Shower plumbing was not done properly and had to call plumber to fix pipes which are not fastened behind the tiles. This is something I have to live with as it is not possible to fix the problem due to tiles.
3. Un-leveled floor
4. New interior wall is not truly straight.(not an issue to visible eye but when you have granite back splash against the wall, it is pretty visible to the naked eye)
5. Shower Tray center has movement in the center when having shower. (another thing which can't be fixed and I have to live with it)
5. Did not use recommended material below tiles. (Yellow drywall (2' x 4')was used , as far as I have researched online it is good for wet areas and can be used inplace of green board but it is not a substitute for cement board. I discussed this during the project and Charlie assured me that it is a cement board. ref: http://www.gp.com/build/product.aspx?pid=4659).
6. Damaged laminate flooring downstairs after water leakage left overnight. (Found out only after the job was completed)
I have my share of regrets from this project but they might be still better than many contractors out there and they can do reasonably good job with smaller scope of work.