1. The initial quote given by Carl to replace my collapsed sewerline was for $2500.00 verbally. When it came time to pay the bill it evolved to $5000.00.
2. He ruptured the waterline during the repair of the sewer, which he soldered to repair. He did not use the required underground fittings.
3. Less than a year later in the spring when the leak (his copper repair) became apparent, he did show up within two days to fix it.
4. The black dirt was not stockpiled and placed back on top. He dug up the entire line back to the house, not just near the alley where the repair was needed.
5. Carl argued with the contractor on site denying the fitting was his, at job end he conceited to it being his fitting and agreed there would be no cost to the homeowner.
6. One week later Carl sent the homeowner a bill for emergency excavation over two thousand dollars. When contacted by the contractor Carl claims it was a great deal instead of the usual four thousand dollar cost. He apparently does not warranty his own work.
7. My yard is now in dismay and I am concidering legal action against this man. Beware.
Response from Carl Partridge Backhoe
Dear customer, D : I gave you a quote on replacing your sewer line, not tree removal, and yard reconstruction, also in the process of sewer replacement I gave you the option to replace your old outdated water line as to the fact it would become a problem . The copper line at the time would have cost you, my cost about $500.00 for roll of copper. You opted out not to spend the extra $500.00 and not replace it . For I feel that since you did not pay your bill for the time I spent repairing your water line your review and concidering legal action is unjust. I only wish you would have taken legal action as you have threatened, there fore I would recieve the monies that you did not pay. There was never any attempt to solder ANY WATERLINE, I replaced rotten section with proper fittings , and the contractor to my knowledge was your ex husband.. I am the only contractor in edmonton that backs his work with his own name CARL PARTRIDGE.