This is ridiculous!
I spoke with you a few times on the phone. As well as with other reps in same company.. And I confirmed and I reconfirmed with you and everyone else I was speaking with and in your words: that the AC being installed has a capability of 16.5 SEERS (14.5 for the unit and the 2.0 in the coil).
And every time when I asked if it is upto 16.5- you said it is 16.5 not upto!!!
You guys are conning a customer who is already distressed with medical situations ! I have two elderly parents and I had told you that the house was not cooling
This is so unacceptable. And to be told after install and 1 month: : "no, we do not supply 16.5 SEERS as our supplier only provided coils to make the AC unit a 15 SEERS "- and then to advertise 16.5 SEERS - is false advertising and verbal manipulation.
You have me tied in a 10 yr term for what I did not agree to - at no point did I agree to 15 seer! This could be easily fixed by upgrading this equipment - instead I am getting the run around. Sad!
Update on Oct 6th, 2016
Thank you for your response, where yet again, your company has succeed to uphold its image of series of rebuttals with changes statements.
The only consistent source in all of this has been your technician - poor guy, he installed what had been ordered and processed from your side - not what I had requested specifically - a coil on the 14.5 SEER to make it a 16.5 SEER efficiency.
This is the first time that the link for the model is being provided to me - and yet again different from what was
1) confirmed on the phone prior to filling the application online - 16.5 SEER
2)emailed to me in the form or agreement: 14.5 SEERS
3)after calling in again to correct this fact: was confirmed verbally again (1.6 SEERS)
4) another email was sent to me with a brochure attached named '16.5 SEERS' - link opened to a general description of "upto 16.5 SEERS"
5) another phone call :-
Dear maria, Why do you keep sending me email stating different numerical and what is this "upto" business? I am looking at deals between you and another provide and specifically am looking for a 16.5 SEER - is that what I am getting?
Response: You see Ms H, the unit is 14.5 SEERs, but we will be putting a coil on top which will make it 16.5 SEERS.
Maria, are you sure?
Yes, of course. Don't worry. We will take care of it.
Me: As I had mentioned earlier my furnace motor is being replaced so I will not be able to test the equipment right after install. Will that be an issue for your technician? My furnace is under full warranty, is a great Carrier furnace.
Response: No, it will not, he willl install it and you can test it later.
6) Confirmed appointment for first thing in the morning. 9am - 11am.
7) Another phone call - 10.30am after waitinf for 2.5 hours - where is your technician, if I was the first appointment for the day ?
Response: He has to go to supplier to pick up the equipment. Then he will make his way out to you.
Me: Okay, please make sure he has the correct equipment and sizing.
Response: Yes, of course.
8) Left for work, had a proxy in place.
---> Still came bqck during lunch time 3.00 pm - confirmed verbally that the equipment was correct - 16.5 SEER
Response: Yes, whatever you ordered.
---> Signed the blank paper without details - as I had not reason to be worried after all the verbal confirmations, right? And could not leave the poor tech
Left to go back to work.
9) Returned to find no details of the SEERS on that piece of paper.
10) Called in again :
Hmmm , guys. What was installed?
Response: Oh, you did not get paper?
Me: Incomplete paper, yes. What was installed, warranty, no details. How do I apply for the rebate
Response: Not to worry, we will take care of that and I will mail out the details of this this paper, I see there was sticker on top of the paper which gives those details.
Me: I want to confirm again that it is a Luxaire 16.5 SEERS equipment installed.
Response: Yes, of course.
This was Sep 1st, 2016.
11) Phone call after furnace motor is installed on Sep 2nd, 2016 - it is not cooling - no body answered phone.
12) Phone call again - after 3 days of air conditioner cycle. Sep 5th, 2016.
House not cooling , temperature not dropping below 25 degrees. My house is hot - more so upstairs in the bedrooms.
Response: Well, it is hot outside.
Me: So? That is when people use their AC !
Response: it could be a number of things : is your thermostat battery inserted correctly? Did you try changing battery? IS your furnace old, maybe that is why the house is not cooling.
Me: seriously? I had an older AC before this and it cooled the house!
Response: The new AC is Hi efficiency, sometimes furnace and AC are nto compatible.
Me: Jaw dropping - do you think I wanted a new AC for show? Or function?
Response: I understand, but sometimes it happens.
Me: Again, I needed a fully functional cooling AC for the entire house, not a portion, not a mild, not a moderate anything. I need my house to cool with my current furnace with new motor, and new AC _ WHICH SHOULD BE FLAWLESS.
Response: Try lowering the thermostat temperature to 16 degrees. Maybe it will come down a few degrees at least.
ME: I don't want the house at 16 degrees - I want it at 21 or even 22.
Response: I understand , but then we will have a cooler house.
Me: (surprised beyond belief) Set the thermostat at 16 degree set and be grateful if the house cools down to 22 degree?
Response: Maybe the thermostat is not synched with the AC.
Me: Is that even a thing? It's a new install.
Response: If it does not work , call us back in a few hours.
Me: No, I will do that but that still means that something needs fixing.
Response: Our tech is not available today - tomorrow morning he can come. Or if you are available at 3am at night.
Response: (with no other options) Tomorrow morning then.
13) Tech comes, again life needs to go on - I am at work, a proxy is there. Tech calls me after he is done - says : motor speed of furnace is low.
Me: Okay , it is a new motor.
Tech: yes, call the furnace technician, he will fix it.
14) Called Reliance, wait for another day for tech to come out - it is hi speed.
There is nothing wrong with the furnace
15) Waited another day - called DH again - guys, there is no improvement.
16) Spoke with their technician again - great guy btw - there is nothing wrong with the AC, Reliance: Your furnace is fine too . It is actually one of the good ones. Carrier.
17) Sep 8th - gave up all hope. Resigned for using windows to cool home.
18) Sep 9th, 2016 surgery - medical follow ups and much that all of you have been extremely non-chalant about.
19) Oct 3rd, 2016 - receive paperwork from SUmmit Energy !
Wham - 15 SEERS in my face!
I call in. (again)
A gentleman answered and when prompted with the inquiry advised of a call back next day,
20) Received a phone call from Jennifer from Summitt energy. What seems to be the problem Ms H?
Me: Details given.
Response: I am sorry there is a misunderstanding, let me get in touch with DH.
21) Another phone call .
Well Ms H, I see an email that was sent to you, it has a brochure attached which says that it could be an 'upto 16.5 AC'
Me: Did I say I want an 'upto'16.5 SEERs requirement?
Response: We have you authorizing us.
Me: YEs, as I was told that we have various model in this brand but the one I will be getting is the 16.5 SEERS. That is whay the brochure shows the ranges that are available.
Response: No, you see - OUR SUPPLIER ONLY HAS a 15 SEERS capability coil. So that is why a 15 SEERS was installed.
Me: That is not what I was told, nor that it will be a 15 SEERS capability ONLY. I was told I would get a 16.5 SEER. Why are you advertising 16.5 SEER when you do not have it.
Response: Well the brochure says - upto 16.5 SEERS . So really, as long as you are getting over 14.5 SEERs, you are ok. In fact you are now getting a $400 rebate when previously we had said it will be $250 rebate.
Me: (loosing my belief in human intelligence, logic and value of words): Great, so if I have a brochure showing all ranges of a product - and I am specifying which one I want in those - and when I don't get what I ordered for my home for the next 10 years - I should be okay with that because now I get a one time $150 more rbate
----> so all of what I had discussed, re-discussed, requested to be put on record meant absolutely nothing?
Response: Well, there is nothing I can do.
Me: Then escalate my case to someone who can understand what I am briging to your attention. Because what you are saying does not make sense. If you do not have a product available - don't market it. If you are marketying it - and someone has been assured of their selection then provide it. I did not approve a range for you. You must have recordings of my calls?
Response: You will have to get in touch with DH for that.
Me: Please have management review this and kindly send me an email so we can communicate further. Your response is dis satisfactory and there is no sense of ownership here - to the fact that when I am complaining about lack of deliverance of agreed upon specs - you are telling me to settle.
Response: I will email right away
22) No email received. 5 hours into business day.
23) Called in to the number the call was received from earlier. Transferred multiple times. There is a common call center for an American Energy company apparently shared with Summitt energy offices. Reached aa apparent Summite Energy rep - who insisted that I call back as Jennifer is gone for the day (this is 5pm), there is no manager available, he does not have any notes about my concerns or issues. And that tone ! Amazing.
24) called DH - a lady answers. When I express what has transpired and perhaps there has beena mistake - again the TONE - "call Summitt Energy"
Me: I just mentioned to you that there is no one available to speak with.
Response: "Call Summitt Energy"
Me: This quite disturbing. I hope you realize I have dealt with you guys so far and I feel like I am getting the run-around. This is medically and mentally stressful.
REsponse: What? Someone is a mental patient? What are we doing to them?
Me: (sighing) DO you guys record all conversations?
Response: No, we don't.
Me: Can I request to speak with someone about my case as DH installed my services?
Response: Call Summit Energy.
Response: What is your number? I will have the supervisor call you tomorrow.
Me: Thank you.
That was two days ago - no calls, no response.
When I call back - no one picks up from my number. I am being screened.
25) That's when I left reviews of this incident - Oct 4th 2016
26) I received an email from Summitt Energy Oct 5th, 2016. It's beautiful how the statements change : Further it's wonderfult to see how now the blame is shifting to the tech's recommendation - the fella who has never been to my house to inpect it , is suddenly theone whose opinion could have changed the model request. (Absurd- there was no pre-inspection done and I greatly doubt that he went out of his way to have a 15 SEER AC installed). Read below:
Summitt, doesn t determine what type of AC Coil is deemed appropriate, & suffice for the HVAC job. However, based on a Pre-Inspection which is conducted by the Technician the Pre-Inspection result will provide the Tech with a better insight into what appropriate unit(s) and if need be what AC Coil is deemed mandatory for the job and for the customer s property. The AC Coil/SEER is also not determined by the Supplier either. However the supplier does consult with the Technician to ensure that the order along with any accessories are the perfect for the job. AHRI (Governing body) determines the SEER (Efficiency Rating), & this Rating can change based on the AC Coil used (for example the AC Coil Model #) or type of units being installed. The units that are being supplied, or have been supplied to-date by Summitt, to our customers are Energy Efficient. These units are always paired with
the matching/appropriate AC Coils based on the overall square footage of the customer s property. Please note although the manufacturer brochure indicates a 16.5 SEER that does not necessarily equate to that every AC unit is supposed to have a 16.5 SEER AC Coil. Ultimately, the AC Coil(s) are sized to both your Furnace, & work in compatibility with both your HVAC units adequately based on the capacity of the units, & to function with the overall dimensions.
27) I have responded with 10 point summary of this entire event.
28) DeMark has not made any attempt to simply updrade the coil.
29) And this is the first time that I am being directed to see the model number: a TC7 - Which is apparently now supposed to be 17 SEER :-http://www.luxaire.com/Residential/Split-System-Air-Conditioners
LX Series Split System Air Conditioners
LX Series split system air conditioners fit your needs with select ENERGY STAR
models that reduce your utility bills and MicroChannel Coil Technology that
provides more cooling in a smaller footprint.
1.5 - 5 tons
Improved alloy, MicroChannel coil
1-Year Labor Limited Warranty*
10-year compressor limited warranty
10-year parts limited warranty*
* For 10-year parts limited warranty, system must be registered online within 90
days of installation. Otherwise the parts warranty reverts to a 5-year parts
30) One more thing to note - I was told the program is transferrable to the next owner of the property - I had inquired about all specs trasnferable? Warranty Transferable as well?
Response: Yes, Ms Shahid.
31)Extented warranty is provided through ADP. They are the manufacturer. (piece of cake, right?)
This is what I received through them via email when registering online:-PLEASE READ AND BE ENLIGHTENED !
Terms of Extended Warranty:An extended warranty applies only under the following
1. The coil model number is covered by an extended warranty promotion.
2. The coil serial number is registered on-line at www.adpwarranty.com.
3. The unit is installed in a single family residence.
4. The unit is properly registered within 90 days after the original installation date. In the case of newly constructed homes, the original installation dateis the date the homeowner purchased the home from the builder (proof of original installation date may be required).
5. The extended warranty applies only to the homeowner who purchased the product and is non-transferable.
If the above conditions are met, then the covered coil is warranted by ADP for a total of ten (10) years from the date of installation (standard 5 yearlimited warranty plus an additional 5 year extended limited warranty), not to exceed twelve (12) years from the date of manufacture.
32)And the tone in response to each inquiry. Wow.
33) Wonder what other surprises are in store.
34) Have Reliance tech coming out tomorrow to inspect both Furnace and AC.
35) Good luck to us all.
All human modes of survival aside, all corporate veils cast aside...
a) If paperwork had been received on the day of install - I would have identified 15SEERs right away and could exercise options - now after receiving it 1 month after install there are limitations.
b)Don't understand why the coil cannot be upgraded if a mistake has been made
C) Why recorded conversations are not being referenced (IF THERE EVEN ARE RECORDED CALLS)
D) After all this inconvenience - no resolution, really?