Envirolok is the manufacturer and supplier of a green bioengineering methodology and system for building 3 dimensional mechanically interlocked soft vegetated earth-scaping systems for tree protection, erosion control, stormwater management, retaining walls, slope stability & streambank protection. Envirolok has demonstrated appeal read more...
Envirolok Vegetated Environmental Solutions has a TrustScore™ of 3.6. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Kitchener and the surrounding areas is 3.5. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2003|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2009|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Envirolok is the manufacturer and supplier of a green bioengineering methodology and system for building 3 dimensional mechanically interlocked soft vegetated earth-scaping systems for tree protection, erosion control, stormwater management, retaining walls, slope stability & streambank protection. Envirolok has demonstrated appeal where immediate structural stability and integrity is required and a beautified vegetated outcome is desired. Envirolok can be simply engineered to fit applications where conventional bioengineering or hard solutions can t work functionally or economically. Furthermore, with the inclusion of PermaMatrix, a Biotic Soil Amendment incorporating Biochar, Envirolok structures can sequester carbon and filter hydrocarbons in stormwater applications for an added environmental benefit and additional LEED points.
The Envirolok system employs unique connection spikes and a patented cinch and twine methodology to provide 3-d interlocking strength to structures prior to vegetation, which can be accomplished by way of hydroseeding, live plugging, brush layering or live staking. The Envirolok system is an economical and environmentally friendly alternative to other soft bioengineering solutions and hardscaping materials such as gabion baskets, rip-rap, manufactured stone, armourstone or concrete.
With respect to hardscape systems and other similar products, Envirolok offers the following advantages:
1. Envirolok provides internal and external structural integrity prior to the establishment of vegetation and becomes stronger with maturity. Offers soft positive 3-dimensional mechanical interlocking which accommodates seismic activity and differential settlement without effecting integrity
2. Envirolok can be mechanically connected to geogrid, soil nails or earth anchors to provide soft permanent armouring protection and can be installed under rip rap for additional scour protection. Can also be mechanically connected to bedrock and/or armourstone to provide soft buffer toe protection
3. Engineered to 120 years, Envirolok will not rot or mildew, is non-biodegradable and is resistant to damage from insects and rodents
4. Provides wave action absorption and high velocity channel flow protection to minimize secondary erosion effect.
5. GTX bags provide filtration and sedimentation functionality and are water permeable, meaning full face drainage, which minimizes site specific drainage requirements. Also minimizes the disruption of natural water flows and reduces stormwater run-off. Additionally with inclusion of specific media, Envirolok can filter specific contaminants.
Superior Vegetation/Restoration Outcome
1. Envirolok creates small lifts of high quality soil confined within double layer geosynthetic every 150mm
2. Provides consistent & contained high quality growing medium to 100% of the face of structures. No bulging, seepage or contamination with other soils void of nutrients
3. Eco-zones every 5 where water accumulates and native seeds can germinate
4. Envirolok can be hydroseeded, live staked, brush layered, live plugged or all methods combined
5. Can be planted with native species to benefit from deep rooting
6. Envirolok can be field fitted around existing trees to protect root systems and re-establish lost soils
7. Structures can mimic nature. Designs need not be linear. Natural contours, variable batter, and dynamic designs create beautified vegetated structures.
8. PermaMatrix Biotic Soil Amendment with Biochar is added to native soils to ensure successful germination and sustainability of native vegetation.
1. Can be installed in difficult to access sites requiring low-impact construction methodologies. No footings required.
2. System is quick, easy and forgivi
|Main contact(s):||Jay Morgan|
|Alternate Phone Numbers:||519-241-3236,|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2009|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency service:||No|
|Licensing information:||Contact Envirolok Vegetated Environmental Solutions to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information:||Contact Envirolok Vegetated Environmental Solutions to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.