When he came to inspect the hallway where the dry wall and door was to be added, he said it would be a quick and easy job and he would find a door that exactly matched the other doors in the condo.
The following are some of the main problems that occurred (TL;DR: he is dishonest, unorganized, doesn't communicate and the quality of his work is poor):
1) Required multiple follow ups to acquire his license and other relevant info.
2) He delayed from the agreed start date multiple times.
3) About halfway through when he brought the door up, it didn't match the others at all. He however, didn't mention anything, it was luckily us that noticed this.
4) He then wasted a lot of time, trying to find the right door, which he couldn't despite his earlier assurances. Rather than be apologetic, he kept sticking to the fact that the other doors were custom and so not his fault he couldn't find a match. When the fact was he came and inspected the other doors and said with 100% certainty he would be able to find an exact match.
5) Moreover, through the whole process his communication was horrible, so we wasted a lot of time hanging around. For example the day he was supposed to get the right door and come over, he made us wait for hours and didn't have the decency to keep us updated as to what was going on till hours later, saying his phone battery died (there was always some excuse).
6) Due to us having to settle with the wrong door, the door handles we got didn't fit either. When he then went to find ones that would work, he was not only unapologetic but rude. He said he was doing this as a favour, it was our fault for not telling him the doors were custom and that putting in the door handles wasn't even really a part of the job. At this point we actually told him not to bother finishing the job and put in the door handles ourselves, deducting the amount from what he was owed (and frankly lucky to even get).
7) Even the work he did complete was of a poor quality. The part where the dry wall connects to the wall is not smooth, and it clearly shows where the wall ends and dry wall begins. Furthermore, the baseboard is done especially badly and the connection between the old baseboard and the new one is extremely evident, with the new one jutting out.
I could go on, but the long and short is he may appear polite at first, and he certainly speaks in a knowledgeable fashion, but rest assured that when it comes to execution, his work is of a poor quality, only to be outdone by his horrendous behaviour.