FRM Contracting is a full-service residential and light commercial design/remodeling company in Windsor, Ontario. What this means for you is that we can offer sound advice and proven methods and materials and truly be a â€œpartnerâ€ in your interior or exterior project. Working with a company you can trust is important, especially when it com read more...
When he came to inspect the hallway where the dry wall and door was to be added, he said it would be a quick and easy job and he would find a door that exactly matched the other doors in the condo.
The following are some of the main problems that occurred (TL;DR: he is dishonest, unorganized, doesn't communicate and the quality of his work is poor):
1) Required multiple follow ups to acquire his license and other relevant info.
2) He delayed from the agreed start date multiple times.
3) About halfway through when he brought the door up, it didn't match the others at all. He however, didn't mention anything, it was luckily us that noticed this.
4) He then wasted a lot of time, trying to find the right door, which he couldn't despite his earlier assurances. Rather than be apologetic, he kept sticking to the fact that the other doors were custom and so not his fault he couldn't find a match. When the fact was he came and inspected the other doors and said with 100% certainty he would be able to find an exact match.
5) Moreover, through the whole process his communication was horrible, so we wasted a lot of time hanging around. For example the day he was supposed to get the right door and come over, he made us wait for hours and didn't have the decency to keep us updated as to what was going on till hours later, saying his phone battery died (there was always some excuse).
6) Due to us having to settle with the wrong door, the door handles we got didn't fit either. When he then went to find ones that would work, he was not only unapologetic but rude. He said he was doing this as a favour, it was our fault for not telling him the doors were custom and that putting in the door handles wasn't even really a part of the job. At this point we actually told him not to bother finishing the job and put in the door handles ourselves, deducting the amount from what he was owed (and frankly lucky to even get).
7) Even the work he did complete was of a poor quality. The part where the dry wall connects to the wall is not smooth, and it clearly shows where the wall ends and dry wall begins. Furthermore, the baseboard is done especially badly and the connection between the old baseboard and the new one is extremely evident, with the new one jutting out.
I could go on, but the long and short is he may appear polite at first, and he certainly speaks in a knowledgeable fashion, but rest assured that when it comes to execution, his work is of a poor quality, only to be outdone by his horrendous behaviour.
FRM Contracting has a TrustScore™ of 2.0. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Windsor and the surrounding areas is 3.3. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Company Website||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||1985|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2012|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Architectural Design, Basement Renovations, Bathroom Renovations, Cabinetry and Millwork, Carpentry, Caulking, Commercial Renovations, Concrete Work, Decks, Demolition Work, Design Build, Drywalling, Electrical, Excavation Services, Flooring, Foundation Repairs, Foundations, Framing, Garage Construction, Garage Doors, Gutters, Handyman Services, Heating & Air Conditioning, Home Construction, Home Restoration, Insulation, Masonry, Plumbing, Roofing, Sheds & Gazebos, Siding, Skylights, Stonework, Stucco, Waterproofing, Windows and Doors
FRM Contracting is a full-service residential and light commercial design/remodeling company in Windsor, Ontario. What this means for you is that we can offer sound advice and proven methods and materials and truly be a partner in your interior or exterior project.
Working with a company you can trust is important, especially when it comes to your home. FRM Contracting reputation allows you to rest assured that you will receive professional advice and service.
FRM Contracting is a Certified Accessible Contractor.
|Main Contact(s):||Fenton McEachrane|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2012|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing Information:||Contact FRM Contracting to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact FRM Contracting to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
FRM Contracting has contributed 1 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum