We contracted a massive renovation for our house last summer 2016 and we had lot problems right from the beginning dealing with JC Construction and TKC Services. ( Juan Tejada). The following are some, of which include but are not limited to:
• Failure to provide us with information and documents such as i.e., detailed scope of work, budgeting, construction schedule, etc.
• Failure to provide us with a signed copy of the Contract;
• Failure to provide quotations for additional work and to obtain the Owners’ approval on the basis of such quotations prior to undertaking additional work;
• Failure to properly screen and supervise sub trades resulting in numerous deficiencies, some of which are serious;
• Failure to follow engineering specifications and directions;
• Failure to implement safety measures in breach of applicable laws, exposing the Owners to liability;
• Providing false information as to the true status of the inspection process;
• Demanding and receiving payments in excess of the value of work performed
• Refusing to provide in a timely manner, invoices for the payments received;
• Failing to provide a valid Toronto License Number
• Advancing the work extensively behind schedule, which has resulted in the Owners incurring substantial expense for rent, etc.;
• Failing to manage, supervise and inspect work of the trades in numerous instances resulting in delays, additional charges;
• Subjecting the Owners to verbal abuse in dealing with you and generating emotional stress for the Owners and their children throughout the renovation process.
We attempted to resolve these problems with him, to no avail. We ended up giving him a total of U$200,000 for just the house framing and some basic pluming and electrical ( 70% of the house needs to be completed). On top of that he did not pay key sub trades and now we are dealing with them too. The last payment he gave him was in November last year for U$60,000 to order the kitchen, pay for the HVAC and the hardwood floor. He refused to order the kitchen and pay for the HVAC and floors.
The quality of his work and his partners is below minimal standards.
As a consequence, we have terminated the Contract and will be seeking damages for our losses, including but not limited to remedies pursuant to the Consumer Protection Act, S.O. 2002, c. 30