Make sure your information is up to date. Get notified of reviews posted about your company and use our free tools to find new customers.
We hired Jeff Wiley from Prestige Contracting as he was recommended by someone we knew. He said he could start within the month and told us would be a 6-8 week reno. We started the job on September 21, 2016 and we are now in February 2017 and the job is still not finished. We read the reviews on here first and were concerned and even asked Jeff about them. He gave us the whole you can never make some people happy/some people are just too picky and a whole slew of excuses. We unfortunately didn't go with our gut feeling and hired him.
Trying to keep this brief but where to start!
- said he would put in full days and that he would not be working on other jobs until ours was done. We specifically said we wanted someone who could get the job done before Dec. as we had family coming to stay with us. He worked at best 9-1 or 10-2 most days putting in a handful of full days before looking for a payment. When asked about this he became heated and stated that just because he's not here doesn't mean he's not working on our house.
- sloppy work and did not clean up or tidy up at the end of any of the days he put in. Before the flooring was installed we spend over 4 hours in the basement ourselves cleaning/vac and sweeping up the mess left on the floor. His workmanship is also sloppy and shows in his finishing's.
- did not show up when he said he would - many many times he called in - he was sick/kids are sick, grandfather died, personal emergency with his family. During one week he took the entire week off to deal with his 'family emerg' I saw him at Lowes picking up supplies/parked in the contractor parking while I popped in on my lunch.
- when we tried to talk to Jeff about his hours/lack of follow through and job now taking 4 months when he said 6-8 weeks he became very heated, he yelled/cursed while storming off.
Despite all this we tried our best to work with him partly because he now had so much of our money that we felt trapped and had no choice but to continue to let him try and get the job wrapped up. The bathroom we continued to ask him why it wasn't started yet knowing we needed it ready by December (started work in September yet didn't start the bathroom until December) he kept making excuses - needed that space to store his tools - despite having a 1500 sq foot wide open basement to store things? Bathroom still not completed. He installed tile on the shower floor so poorly that we insisted one of the tiles had to be replaced - cut one too wide and then tried to leave it by putting in a small piece of tile to patch it. He said he'd have to reorder the tile and then would come back to finish up the bathroom and all other 'touch up's. Been over 3 weeks and we haven't heard from him since.
We had 3 other contractors out to look at the basement and we've now been told that the work he has done in the bathroom shower must all be ripped out. It has all been done incorrectly and will leak. They were appalled at how he left the job/finishing's and at all the things that will have to be fixed. We knew the shower tile job looked horrible but we had no idea we were going to have to rip it all out. We had questioned the floor in the bathroom as well as the cabinets that he installed by our fireplace(see pictures - top above the trim and bottom uneven and does not match the other side) and the bedroom door(bottom cut with huge gap and uneven) as all were uneven and finished horribly. Told by Jeff that its because our basement floor isn't level and it is what it is.
Jeff's workmanship is not what I'd expect to have paid over $40,000 for.
Has been 5 months of complete frustration. We wish we had listened to the reviews we saw online. We just hope anyone who researches Prestige Contracting or Jeff Wiley and sees this - does what we should have done - RUN.
Run! Jeff Wiley at Prestige Contracting and Design provides extremely poor quality work, demonstrates poor decision making and was a very rude and poor communicator.
Our main issues (see photos below):
- very amateur framing, wood hanging off the end of screws and the angles very poorly cut
- concrete shower was not graded properly nor was the waterproof liner done correctly. Note in the photos the seam in the grey shower liner indicating two pieces of liner rather than one watertight piece. Also note the level showing grading AWAY FROM THE DRAIN.
-at time of deposit, an itemized list of what the price included was provided. At a later time, we were told that some items on that list would now cost extra. Dishonesty.
- does not answer his phone or call back, would only communicate through text
- told us he would start work at 8am, never arrived until 9am, charged for labour starting at 8am.
-very rude and discourteous when confronted regarding the above issues
We are out $4500 deposit for roughly $600 worth of material that now has to be ripped out and redone. We are just glad we stopped him before he did any unrepairable damage.
RUN FROM JEFF WILEY and Prestige contracting and design !
So disappointed. Just found out he installed all our pot lights wrong. There was suppose to be a metal box for all the wiring to go in and he removed it and installed directly. Huge fire hazard. We have over 50 pot lights in the basement too. All the outlets are not grounded properly either. Promised to have electrical checked by an electrician and obviously didn't. Thanks Jeff Wiley.
Sufficient data is not available to establish a TrustScore for Prestige Contracting and Design. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Whitby and the surrounding areas is 3.5. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Company Website||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||N/A|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||N/A|
|Listed With TrustedPros Since||2015|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Additional services may be offered by this company. Please contact Prestige Contracting and Design to inquire about their full list of services.
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2015|
|Accepts credit cards:||N/A|
|24 Hour emergency service:||N/A|
|Licensing information:||Contact Prestige Contracting and Design to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information:||Contact Prestige Contracting and Design to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.