CRI GROUP was founded in 2014 with a focus on Renovation & Construction. Our success in this field and the changes in environmental demands lead us to expand and diversify into other important areas including mold remediation, emergency response and restoration. CRI is a family-owned company, and a pioneer in the field of Construction contractin read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
We hired Daniel back in August to work on our school project, he was responsible to provide mechanical engineering plans as par of his work, witch included the demolition of 20 classrooms and too reframe the rooms to new measurements.
The engineer responsible for the project took over 2 months too deliver the plans, causing massive project delays. However, once the work began, Daniel and his men provided excellent work, demolition was done fast and cleaned up quickly, framing was done even faster and Daniel was finished his work just before the holidays.
The performance of work was great, originally organization of the project was poorly maintained and managed, although in the end, Daniel managed to save us over $20,000, for this reason and reason only, we are providing a positive review.
I gave my first house's renovation project to Daniel MacDonald (aka CRI Group Canada or Revnovation Canadiennes Inc).
1. We signed a contract (Fake RBQ number in the contract)
2. I gave him 10,000 CAD as deposit by Bank Draft. (Named as: Canadian Renovations)
3. The guy came to my house and demolished Kitchen, Some load baring walls, all the floors, stair etc in first few weeks. (as per the contract)
4. While doing that, he also flooded my basement. All the photos attached here. The issue was he took out the main valve while opening it, and didn't know how to put it back.
5. After that he disappeared, when he was supposed to complete the work. No email responses for months, all the numbers (including all the # listed on website) are not available. Eventually the website went down.
6. No response for Months. I went to his house, contacted his brother, friends, but totally different story from everyone. [You might want to ask him what happened.]
7. Before signing the contract, he told me that he has team of 24 people. But in reality, he was the only one person working on all the projects.
8. I was renting an apartment and my lease got finished and I had to move into this house while I ended up fixing things my self.
9. Total waste of Money.
10. When he was back after 2-3 months, we decided to settle things down. As per the settlement contract (yes, another piece of paper), he was supposed to return 7000 CAD. He gave me 5000 CAD cash months after the settlement date!!! (Under the table transaction with someone else.). And now he is refusing to give me 2000 CAD. He says, he never owed me a single $. He was nice that he gave me 5000 CAD.
* All the numbers (montreal, ottawa, cornwall, south-shore etc) on his website crigroupcanada.com redirects to his own mobile number.
* He owns many renovation companies (just names - probably all fraud)
* Most of the reviews here are fake and written by him or his friends.
See here: https://trustedpros.ca/company/cri-group-canada-ottawa
* When someone points out his mistake, he starts talking about "mental harassment"and will try to scare you. Before the settlement, I wrote a review about him here. He wrote me back this: "If you'd like to talk about settling this matter properly, then your going to have to have that slandering fraud comment removed from Trustedpros.ca or I'll be filling a motion in court to have it removed under false allegations and slander."
* I hope to see him in court soon for this slandering review :D
* Fake RBQ number on a Contract!! Seriously??
Please see the pics!
Update: He is threatening me for this negative review, see attached screenshot, he is also confirming that he owes me $2000.
You are the biggest peace of shit I have ever met, you got back your $7,000, Your false comments will affect my business, and I will fully go after you for it. It s unfortunate what happen during your project, but to actually give a negative review because you are not getting your own way, is very childish and I will be using it in court .. You have previously posted negative comments on our company and we had agreed that you would not do so again as long as you were given back the $7,000, we did over $3,000 in work at your house, you decided to go with another company after your own faulty plumbing exploded in your basement, and not by our doing, you got pissed off that I would not fix your mess for free and you canceled the contract and hired someone else, after paying you back, you requested yet another estimate from my firm because you were not happy with your new contractor, who actually destroyed your house, so honestly sir, all you are doing is trying to get free work out of contractors, you re the fraud here, no one else, I have returned your money, even though according to our contract, it is within my right to retain that deposit. I will provide that agreement between us, along with the requested estimate.
Rénovation Canadiennes Inc has a TrustScore™ of 0.9. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Montreal and the surrounding areas is 2.8. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Busines Name(s)||CRI Group Canada (Ottawa) / Ottawa (Rated 1 / 5)|
|Posted License Information||Available upon request|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Available upon request|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Available upon request|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2014|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2016|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Weather you are looking to build your dream restaurant, new condo project, maybe a new storefront shop, Dental Clinic, maybe a Daycare, regardless of your vision or dreams, we can help bring those dreams to life, we have completed over 100 commercial projects to date, discover why today!
When you’ve considered selling your long time Home you’ve loved for years it’s hard to part ways with the memories, most of the time, you’ve just ran out of space, or desire something fresh. At CRI we can create a new addition and rejuvenate your home into something beautiful and modern.
Keeping your homes electrical systems in order only protects your loved ones, routinely have your electrical systems inspected by a professional, most house fires are caused by electrical failures, to learn more on how to protect your home, contact us today!!
Building a new home comes with many challenges, we are here to guide you through the process with ease and excitement. You will design your custom home with our in-house architect, an mechanical engineering team, and leave the rest too our dedicated construction team.
Updating your home every decade is a must to stay up to date with the latest trends, basement is one of the areas in the home that is most often forgotten about or left untouched for many years, contact us to learn more on transforming that dead space into wanted space.
Keeping your plumbing up to date can save you thousands of dollars down the road, water damage is a costly expense to Home owners, have your plumbing inspected regularly, for all plumbing services give us a call.
Bathroom renovations are the most common renovation projects Canadian's do too their homes, and you can never go wrong updating a bathroom, it also sits the tone for resale property value.
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings. We offer a full architectural design plans for all projects at no extra cost to clients.
Flooring sets the tone for any property, whether it be residential or commercial, we have flooring experts, and top of the line materials.
Demolition projects are the most dangerous and require a dedicated and experienced team, for all your Demolition needs, contact us today.
We specialize in all types of excavation work, from new construction to waterproofing, we’ve got you covered.
CRI GROUP was founded in 2014 with a focus on Renovation & Construction. Our success in this field and the changes in environmental demands lead us to expand and diversify into other important areas including mold remediation, emergency response and restoration.
CRI is a family-owned company, and a pioneer in the field of Construction contracting. Our extensive experience and credentials are unmatched and are a key in our success and growth. From the start, our teams provide the highest quality of service and professionalism to our clients, with an emphasis on responsiveness and immediate, appropriate action.
Because we are a leader in the industry, we remain up to date with the newest guidelines, procedures, equipment and regulations that affect buildings, properties and facilities. The entire staff at CRI is extensively trained and certified through the RBQ and/or the CCQ, to handle all your renovation/construction needs and our insurance & warranty coverage exceeds market standards.
|Main contact(s)||Daniel MacDonald , 450-800-2969|
|Alternate Phone Numbers||866-940-9986|
|DBA, formally or associated with||CRI Group Canada, Canadian Renovations, AssuranceReno|
|Affiliations or other locations:||CRI Group Canada (Ottawa) / Ottawa (Rated 1 / 5)|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2016|
|Warranty||All services come with a three (3) year warranty, through our AssuranceReno Division.|
|Accepts credit cards||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service||Yes|
|Licensing information||Licensing information available upon request|
|Insurance information||Insurance information available upon request|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Rénovation Canadiennes Inc has contributed 1 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum