CRI GROUP was founded in 2000 with a focus on Renovation & Construction. Our success in this field and the changes in environmental demands lead us to expand and diversify into other important areas including mold remediation, emergency response and restoration. CRI is a family-owned company, and a pioneer in the field of Construction contractin read more...
I gave my first house's renovation project to Daniel MacDonald (aka CRI Group Canada or Revnovation Canadiennes Inc).
1. We signed a contract (Fake RBQ number in the contract)
2. I gave him 10,000 CAD as deposit by Bank Draft. (Named as: Canadian Renovations)
3. The guy came to my house and demolished Kitchen, Some load baring walls, all the floors, stair etc in first few weeks. (as per the contract)
4. While doing that, he also flooded my basement. All the photos attached here. The issue was he took out the main valve while opening it, and didn't know how to put it back.
5. After that he disappeared, when he was supposed to complete the work. No email responses for months, all the numbers (including all the # listed on website) are not available. Eventually the website went down.
6. No response for Months. I went to his house, contacted his brother, friends, but totally different story from everyone. [You might want to ask him what happened.]
7. Before signing the contract, he told me that he has team of 24 people. But in reality, he was the only one person working on all the projects.
8. I was renting an apartment and my lease got finished and I had to move into this house while I ended up fixing things my self.
9. Total waste of Money.
10. When he was back after 2-3 months, we decided to settle things down. As per the settlement contract (yes, another piece of paper), he was supposed to return 7000 CAD. He gave me 5000 CAD cash months after the settlement date!!! (Under the table transaction with someone else.). And now he is refusing to give me 2000 CAD. He says, he never owed me a single $. He was nice that he gave me 5000 CAD.
* All the numbers (montreal, ottawa, cornwall, south-shore etc) on his website crigroupcanada.com redirects to his own mobile number.
* He owns many renovation companies (just names - probably all fraud)
* Most of the reviews here are fake and written by him or his friends.
See here: https://trustedpros.ca/company/cri-group-canada-ottawa
* When someone points out his mistake, he starts talking about "mental harassment"and will try to scare you. Before the settlement, I wrote a review about him here. He wrote me back this: "If you'd like to talk about settling this matter properly, then your going to have to have that slandering fraud comment removed from Trustedpros.ca or I'll be filling a motion in court to have it removed under false allegations and slander."
* I hope to see him in court soon for this slandering review :D
* Fake RBQ number on a Contract!! Seriously??
Please see the pics!
Update: He is threatening me for this negative review, see attached screenshot, he is also confirming that he owes me $2000.
You are the biggest peace of shit I have ever met, you got back your $7,000, Your false comments will affect my business, and I will fully go after you for it. It s unfortunate what happen during your project, but to actually give a negative review because you are not getting your own way, is very childish and I will be using it in court .. You have previously posted negative comments on our company and we had agreed that you would not do so again as long as you were given back the $7,000, we did over $3,000 in work at your house, you decided to go with another company after your own faulty plumbing exploded in your basement, and not by our doing, you got pissed off that I would not fix your mess for free and you canceled the contract and hired someone else, after paying you back, you requested yet another estimate from my firm because you were not happy with your new contractor, who actually destroyed your house, so honestly sir, all you are doing is trying to get free work out of contractors, you re the fraud here, no one else, I have returned your money, even though according to our contract, it is within my right to retain that deposit. I will provide that agreement between us, along with the requested estimate.
I never knew how important it was to have a site for reviewing contractors until this past year. Not being from the Montreal area originally I didn't know any contractors or have friends who could recommend someone. I went on Trustedpros and reviewed a number of contractors. I received estimates from 3 in total. Dan from the start was very serious and work oriented. I read his reviews and ended up selecting Dan to do my work. He was very reasonably priced. He was not the lowest nor the highest of the 3 estimates; however, I had to appreciate his construction background and knowing his hard work ethic.
Dan did my whole basement and bathroom as this is for an in-law suite he created. He was always professional and clean. His work is very meticulous and you can tell he takes pride in his work. I would 100% recommend Dan to anyone. I had a timeline of it being completed in six weeks and he was completed 25 days (not to mention I had added more to the project). Dan always made great recommendations where I was stuck on a decision and he always did whatever I wanted and made me happy.
We would like to thank you for the great reveiw, and for taking the time too submit it. We are pleased and delighted that you speak highly of the services provided, we do hope that you & the fam are enjoying the new space.
Once again thank you from all of us at CRI Group Canada -
We Inovate, We Deliver - Canada's Contruction Leader!
CRI Group Canada
After deciding to invest in a Daycare, we did an extensive search on contractors and had narrowed our search down to four companies. We invited all four companies to come in and provide an estimate. When Dan from Canadian Renovations arrived, my wife and I were very impressed with his attention to architectural details and thoughtful suggestions. He spent an hour and a half looking around and discussing our needs. Although CRI's quote was not the least expensive, it was by far the most reflective of what we wanted. Before deciding, I called two of Dan’s previous customers and they spoke highly of CRI’s quality of work, work ethic, and cleanliness. That was the confirmation we needed to make our decision to go with CRI.
Dan and his team did a great job and we couldn’t be more pleased with the results. They showed up for work on time and cleaned up every night. Dan always made sure that we were happy with their progress and was always open to our requests. Often, we would ask him for ideas because they had so much experience to draw from.
We highly recommend Canadian Renovations for your next renovation. You will not be disappointed.
We would like to thank you for the great reveiw, and for taking the time too submit it. We are pleased and delighted that you speak highly of the services provided, we do hope that yourself, the staff and the children are enjoying the new space.
Once again thank you from all of us at CRI Group Canada - We Inovate, We Deliver - Canada's Contruction Leader!
CRI Group Canada Team
We had a facelift done on our restaurant, by CRI Group, the services provided were adequate, ontime, and the quality of work performed was above expectations, communicated fairly good throughout the project and kept us updated on expenses and budget. Overall we are satisfied with the professional workmanship provided by CRai Group, and would recommend their services.
We would like to thank you for your great reveiw, and for taking the time too submit it. We are pleased and delighted that you loved our services and staff, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future for your next project.
Once again thank you from all of us at CRI Group Canada for choosing and beleiving in our firm.
We Inovate, We Deliver, CRI Group Canada - Canada's Contruction Leader!
CRI Group Canada Team
Rénovation Canadiennes Inc has a TrustScore™ of 1.8. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Montreal and the surrounding areas is 2.9. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Busines Name(s)||CRI Group Canada (Ottawa)(Rated 0.8 / 5)|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2000|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2016|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
CRI GROUP was founded in 2000 with a focus on Renovation & Construction. Our success in this field and the changes in environmental demands lead us to expand and diversify into other important areas including mold remediation, emergency response and restoration.
CRI is a family-owned company, and a pioneer in the field of Construction contracting. Our extensive experience and credentials are unmatched and our reputation and zero litigation record are a key in our success and growth. From the start, our teams provide the highest quality of service and professionalism to our clients, with an emphasis on responsiveness and immediate, appropriate action.
Because we are a leader in the industry, we remain up to date with the newest guidelines, procedures, equipment and regulations that affect buildings, properties and facilities. The entire staff at CRI is extensively trained and certified to handle all your renovation/construction needs and our insurance & warranty coverage exceeds market standards.
|Main contact(s):||Daniel MacDonald|
|Alternate Phone Numbers:||866-940-9986|
|DBA or Formally:||CRI Group Canada, Canadian Renovations|
|Affiliations:||CRI Group Canada (Ottawa)(Rated 0.8 / 5)|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2016|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service:||Yes|
|Licensing information:||Contact Rénovation Canadiennes Inc to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information:||Contact Rénovation Canadiennes Inc to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Rénovation Canadiennes Inc has contributed 1 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum