I wish I would have seen this other review prior to hiring Rockscape Designs Masonry to re-level our driveway. Robert Henry and his crew "cleaned" up the extra gravel by dumping it on our neighbours driveway without permission. Our neighbours were less than impressed. Mr. Henry promised to return, even sent an email with the day he would return to to rake it up. That day has come and gone with no word from Mr. Henry. Completely unprofessional and untrustworthy. Moreover, at this point neither us nor our neighbours would want him to return as all trust, reliability and confidence that the correction could be done in a timely, respectful manner is gone. We certainly will not be using his services at any point in the future.
Our contractor Robert Henry, owner of Rockscape Designs Masonry, who was contracted to put the interlock on my driveway did not finish his job. Instead of following the pattern that he agreed to do, he started laying stones of different sizes and shapes with absolutely no pattern. After we pointed him that it is not acceptable, he disappeared for a long period of time and could not give us the estimated time when he is going to start working again and left us with unfinished and unusable driveway for almost whole summer. Before that we paid him 3700 CAD for the materials (stones, sand etc...) but he never gave us the receipt, promising to do it "next day" every time we reminded him about it. Also we paid him 1500 CAD when he laid the 1st stone as agreed but he also never gave us the receipt for this money promising to do it "next day for sure". To finish the job we had to find another contractor.
As a result, Robert Henry never finished his part of the job (besides new contractor's job):
1. He never removed the garbage from the work site (as agreed).
2. He never provided us with the soil and never planted the grass on the space left after finishing the stone pattern (as agreed).
3. He never compacted the driveway for the second time (as agreed).
4. He never gave us two receipts for the money he received.
5. He blocked our telephone numbers and we can not contact him to resolve the issues.
6. He stopped answering our e-mails.
7. He refused to collect our letter that was sent to him via registered mail.
8. He informed us that he moved to a different city and we do not have to contact him anymore. At the same time he has been often seen boarding the bus at the nearest to his address in North York bus stop and advertises his job in internet.
9. We do not know what to do with the warranty that he gave us for 5 years. Since he refuses to contact us we consider the warranty part of the contract breached.
Rockscape Designs Masonry has a TrustScore™ of 1.8. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in North York and the surrounding areas is 3.2. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Company Website||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2009|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
|Main Contact(s):||Markus David|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing Information:||Contact Rockscape Designs Masonry to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact Rockscape Designs Masonry to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.