Our contractor Robert Henry, owner of Rockscape Designs Masonry, who was contracted to put the interlock on my driveway did not finish his job. Instead of following the pattern that he agreed to do, he started laying stones of different sizes and shapes with absolutely no pattern. After we pointed him that it is not acceptable, he disappeared for a long period of time and could not give us the estimated time when he is going to start working again and left us with unfinished and unusable driveway for almost whole summer. Before that we paid him 3700 CAD for the materials (stones, sand etc...) but he never gave us the receipt, promising to do it "next day" every time we reminded him about it. Also we paid him 1500 CAD when he laid the 1st stone as agreed but he also never gave us the receipt for this money promising to do it "next day for sure". To finish the job we had to find another contractor.
As a result, Robert Henry never finished his part of the job (besides new contractor's job):
1. He never removed the garbage from the work site (as agreed).
2. He never provided us with the soil and never planted the grass on the space left after finishing the stone pattern (as agreed).
3. He never compacted the driveway for the second time (as agreed).
4. He never gave us two receipts for the money he received.
5. He blocked our telephone numbers and we can not contact him to resolve the issues.
6. He stopped answering our e-mails.
7. He refused to collect our letter that was sent to him via registered mail.
8. He informed us that he moved to a different city and we do not have to contact him anymore. At the same time he has been often seen boarding the bus at the nearest to his address in North York bus stop and advertises his job in internet.
9. We do not know what to do with the warranty that he gave us for 5 years. Since he refuses to contact us we consider the warranty part of the contract breached.