We approached Brian to complete a full kitchen reno and checked previous references who praised his work as well. We found him helpful in the following ways:
- helped us find ways that we could do some work ourselves to save on costs without compromising results,
- the workmen on the team (specifically brickwork, electrical, plumbing) provided great results and were easy to work with,
- he was responsive to my requests / adjustments and concerns as they came up during the process.
We would hire him again for future projects and recommend him to family & friends.
Great team of professionals who were on time, polite and relatively tidy!
Space Converters Ltd. And Brian Bien were great to deal with, very high quality work at a reasonable price. Brian and his staff are very experienced professionals and it shows in their work. Also of note was the fact that they have experience with many projects and can share them with you if asked. I would definitely recommend Space Converters to my family and friends.
I have huge thanks to Brian and his amazing team. We have an amazing bathroom we dreamed about. The team was excellent from day one to finish: always on time, polite, professional. The site was tidy and well organized. Thanks to Brian's contacts we save a lot on bathroom fixtures and granite tiles. We'd had recommended Space Converters Ltd. to all our friends and family. Thanks Brian
Don't leave it to this Brian! We hired Brian Bien and Space Converters to remove 2 walls, put in 2 posts and 2 beams. Not rocket science but we had a tight schedule and needed help. Sounded simple but it was a very difficult experience. We would not recommend anyone use Space Coverters.
As noted by other reviewers Brian Bien's communication and people skills are terrible. He does not return calls or texts and is very aggressive and childish in his dealings. Many times we were left to wonder when the job would be finished at all and when we confronted him instead of apologizing he would threaten to not finish the job. Very unprofessional and not reasonable. To be honest i think he is passive aggressive because he comes across very nice in the beginning but very difficult at the end. Beware.
I will say that his workers did some good work but there were so many other problems it overshadowed this bright spot. To summarize:
1. We agreed on a start date and the night before Brian Bein demanded payment up front. We were surprised and said no we'd like to pay in installments as the work progresses. That's when he said "well find someone else to do it". This was the first passive aggressive threat and made us very suspicious however we were committed so proceeded.
2. We didn't get anything in writing. This made negotiations very difficult. For example, Brians workers removed 3 electrical units which he promised would be replaced. When we asked him about this well into the job he said "i never said that". We were shocked and stuck without documentation.
3. Brian did not provide timelines for when things would be done. We were left for days wondering when the workers would return
4. On the final day the job was not completed but Brian wanted payment and made a scene in our driveway insulting my wife and parents to try and get the final installment (we'd paid 80% already). The problem was he hadn't finished the job but there was no paperwork and Brian was not able to communicate. We gave him a final cheque just to get rid of him.
Space Converters Ltd has a TrustScore™ of 3.8. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Mississauga and the surrounding areas is 3.6. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2008|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
|Main Contact(s):||Mitchel Boliver|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||No|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing Information:||Contact Space Converters Ltd to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact Space Converters Ltd to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.