Trillium Moving and Storage is a Canada-wide coast to coast moving company, providing quality long distance moving services. At Trillium Moving we will create a customized moving plan to ensure your moving experience is well planned and properly executed to guarantee the best experience possible. All clients are provided the same quality of servi read more...
Trillium Moving / Vega Lines moved a very few articles from my home in CA to Vancouver. The salient points regarding the service are supported by the attached email string, photos, and docs.
Anne Picard initial email communications were cordial and brief. Good.
On my first phone conversation with her, 19 September, she was rude having confused me with another customer. When I advised her of her confusion she did not apologize or recognize her customer service error.
After the deposit on contract was made 19 September, thereafter Trillium did not follow up or initiate communication with me. I was responsible for chasing them, as well as Vega Line, to confirm pick-up date. Unacceptable. But at that time, it was urgent, so if I wanted the job done I had to personally insure it happened. Anne never accepted my calls thereafter, other employees of Trillium fielded all my calls. On 28 September, the call I made to Trillium I was assured the pick-up would happen 29 September. when my representative in CA called in a panic because the movers did not show, I called Trillium again. They called Vega Line, to discover the driver was "delayed", but nobody bothered to communicate with me. Again, I had to chase. No new pick-up date could be determined. Totally unacceptable, especially since I had sold the home in CA and the new owners were taking possession the next day. Totally unacceptable.
I was obligated to call Trillium again on 30 September, was given the Vega Line number and directed to coordinate with them. Totally unacceptable. I was informed the driver would arrive 01 October. Again, totally unacceptable, but what can I do at this point.
The driver called me directly to coordinate on 01 October. The insanity only gets deeper and more offensive. Most offensive, I gave very clear detail of the pieces to be moved, and pictures. In response, Trillium gave a quote of $20-30 packing charge per piece. When the mover created the agreement and listed costs for my representative to sign, the cost he quoted was $800 total, effectively $89 each piece. Robbery! Reference the pictures sent, the two pieces of furniture were 30% covered with old plastic and a bit of packing tape, totally unacceptable. Insulting, careless, disrespectful, unprofessional, robbery! Upon seeing the pieces in the delivery truck I immediately declined and rejected the invoice as extortion. The mover called his dispatch, he discussed the issue, did not admit guilt but did recognize the apparent fraudulent effort. He proposed $200 not $800 packing fee, I am so insulted and angry at being taken advantage of in a totally vulnerable situation, but wanted to get my possessions back, so reluctantly I agreed ... to get it over with. Luckily, there was no serious damage to the artworks. Not so lucky the 19th century Chinese cabinet which was significantly gouged on the front decorative doors and frame. Of course there are always two sides to a story. This is clearly well documented and unquestionably egregious. Hopefully the industry, and the public, will address and rectify. For people in this kind of vulnerable situation that are extorted and raped, its simply not right. Not acceptable. It must change.
Most of my stuff made the trip from Winnipeg to Ottawa. Unfortunately I wanted, and had expected, all of my stuff to make.
Dealing with this company was a hassle from the second they got my things loaded into their truck.
The final price was double what they quoted for a one bedroom apartment.
On top of that there were at least two unaccounted for boxes (actually one box and a bag) and my vacuum. When they came to drop off the items they unloaded a chair that wasn't mine, which I quickly pointed out to them.
I called them immediately when I noticed items were missing (the bag and vacuum were to easy to spot) and they sent me the paperwork to file a claim. I told them that I wanted the items and asked them to contact the truck and they told me that they could check their warehouse but that the truck had already left to the next location.
I followed up by email no less than three times after asking if there was any luck locating my items. They would apologize, tell me they would contact the warehouse and message me when they had a reply and I never heard from them again.
I do not recommend.
There is no connect for "scale" weight. The scale ticket is not tied to your account or contract in any way and the weight was grossly over inflated. They could not back into my driveway (long) And I had to shuttle my move in my half ton pick-up. Five loads in a half ton does not add up to 5,540 pounds. The implied, we will disassemble and assemble your furniture comes at a price of $120 per hour.
Would not recommend. A summary of the issues I found is below:
- Delivery driver did not show up the first four times that he said he would - Eventually came 21 hours after he said he would be there, after I pestered him to reschedule 5 times.
- Amount charged was much higher than expected - I received a call the day or two before scheduled delivery with amount of the move. This amount was significantly higher than quote. I understand that this varies and the quote is only a rough estimate. However, I moved out of a 900 square foot, 2 bedroom condo and apparently my items weighed 3,180 pounds which put my total amount (including destination charges, taxes etc.) to over $4000. FYI - Given the challenges of getting this re-weighed and that I needed my possessions, I paid this and did not challenge it.
- Receipt was not provided - I asked for an invoice/receipt before the possessions were dropped off and was told the driver would provide. The driver did not have this. I had to ask over email 7 times in order to get this as their accountant had not prepared it (but somehow were able to tell me how much I owed before this) and then
- Receipt showed incorrect billing - There was a fee for "storage" even though I had an email from Trillium telling me that it was NOT stored anywhere. Additionally, my quote said I would receive 5 weeks of free storage anyway. After requesting a review, I did receive this storage fee back.
- Items missing at delivery - I let Trillium know via email on the day of my delivery that I was missing a heavy, metal filing cabinet that was about 4 foot tall. I've had over forty (40) emails back and forth with Trillium since I told them that it was not delivered. I've done everything they asked including submitting two claim forms, item descriptions, and re-sending chains of emails - Trillium's only response seems to be to ask me to continue to be patient and wait. It's been over 9 weeks that I've already waited and received absolutely no updates on my missing possessions.
- Extra items delivered - On day of delivery I was provided a queen sized mattress that belonged to someone else (clearly marked with different stickers) that I told the delivery drivers to take back. I also received glass table tops and parts of an air conditioner that did not belong to me. I told Trillium this and received no response on it. It seems that they are not interested in returning goods to the right people.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Trillium Moving and Storage Services has a TrustScore™ of 1.2. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Mississauga and the surrounding areas is 3.0. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2007|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2013|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Trillium Moving and Storage is a Canada-wide coast to coast moving company, providing quality long distance moving services.
At Trillium Moving we will create a customized moving plan to ensure your moving experience is well planned and properly executed to guarantee the best experience possible.
All clients are provided the same quality of service, no matter how large or small the move. With storage options offered in most major Canadian cities we are able to offer our clients flexibility and ease while they are preparing to settle into their new home.
Professionally trained moving teams are capable of handling all kinds of specialty packing and handling requirements, to ensure the safest possible shipping of your possessions.
We offer reasonable rates for our professional and partial packing services, or if you choose to pack yourself we have great packing material packages at reasonable rates.
|Main Contact(s):||Lisa Gold , Kate Roberts|
|Alternate Phone Numbers:||855-330-5793,|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2013|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Licensing Information:||Contact Trillium Moving and Storage Services to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact Trillium Moving and Storage Services to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.