United Painting and Decorating is a young, up and growing professional painting company dedicated to customer satisfaction. No job is to big or too small. We work with all budgets and never promise what we can't deliver. Top quality paint, attention to detail and great workmanship at budget friendly prices. All of our work is fully guaranteed. read more...
It will be hard to summarize the shoddy and unprofessional work that Jose Ponce did for us, but I will try my best:
- Jose Ponce was recommended by several family members who had work done by him
- Jose Ponce came to give us a quote to paint our house - very low quote. This should have been the first sign.
- Jose Ponce was going to buy paint for us and we paid him in cash to purchase all the supplies and Benjamin Moore paints for our house. We never saw any of these supplies.
- Jose Ponce was very flaky the whole time - "forgetting his phone at the paint store", showing up late, having a booked vacation so he couldn't come, troubles with his kid at school etc.
- Jose Ponce came to start work and was at our house for three days "patching" cracks in walls and sanding some of the holes etc. This work has been looked at by other reputable painters and deemed to be done incorrectly.
- Jose Ponce began and finished painting one room out of an entire house that needed to be painted
- Jose Ponce was in our house for a total of 5 days, never for more than a few hours at a time
- The last time was saw Jose Ponce was on Tuesday March 28, 2017
- We attempted to contact Jose Ponce several times over the next days and weeks via text, voice mail and email and no calls, texts or emails were ever returned
- Jose Ponce left a lot of equipment at our house including but not limited to: 1 ladder, 2 paint trays, 4 brushes, 5 rollers, 2 cans of putty, 1 extension handle, 1 18v DeWalt drill, 1 tape measure, 2 exacto knives, 5 scrapers, 1 bucket, 7 sanding blocks, 1 wrench, 1 set of pliers, 2 screwdrivers
- Jose Ponce also left three cans of paint. We requested Benjamin Moore (Aura) paint and we found that he was using Para Paint, lowest quality. One of the three cans had the label ripped off to hide the brand.
- We were initially concerned for his well-being however we then found a similar review online (on this very site!) from 2013 that sounds VERY familiar to the situation we encountered with Jose Ponce
- He also tells many stories of his commercial business (he works for Starbucks, apparently) and when another painter came in to quote on the work, he noted the shoddy work that Jose Ponce had actually done. This is when we figured most of his stories had been false as well.
- Lesson learned. I want to ensure that no one else falls prey to this scam by Jose Ponce. We are out several hundred dollars and do not have the paint that Jose Ponce allegedly purchased for us.
Jose Ponce responded to our call and visited the site to supply a quotation for painting 2nd floor and ground floor, sanding and refinishing treads, risers, spindles and hand rail to the second floor and to the basement.
From 4 quotations Jose was selected because of his thoroughness in describing what he would do especially in preparing before painting, as well as supplying a competitive price. He was impressive.
He arrived on time may 7th and began sanding the stairs. He was at the site for part of 2 days and indicated he would work both Saturday and Sunday the 11th and 12th of May. He completed the sanding and part of the staining in those 2 days but did not return either Saturday or Sunday.
My daughter and I attempted to speak with him, she left text messages as well as voice messages.
I left voice messages. He never responded. At some point his voice mail was full.
Eventually his phone did not have any signal so it was concluded that he must have a serious problem with health in his family or some other serious issue.
I personally delivered a letter to his home location asking him to call. No response.
In the last week May 27th and May 28th, both my daughter for whom the work was required and I left independent messages on his voice mail, still no response.
He has left some of his equipment and so we believed he would eventually call, but sadly he did not.
He has not called for payment of service rendered.
I would not have placed this review if he had called and explained his problem.
Even now we would continue with him if he could satisfy us with an explanation.
United Painting and Decorating took our home as theirs and painted it. We just moved into a 5 bedroom new home and wanted to get it fully painted. Jose and his team did a phenomenal job. From the very start he was very involved. Helped making our colour choices into better shades, cleaned up really well after the job was done. Did an excellent job with the painting. They took care of everything and I did not have to worry. Gave the best recommendations. Jose is not only a very warm person but he has a lot of passion for what he does and that is truly reflected in his work. Thank you for making our home so colourful.
After interviewing several companies, we decided to hire United Painting since they were the most curteous, budget friendly and knowledgable. The work included painting my whole condo from top to bottom and a very intricate feature wall I had seen on the internet. Everything turned out better than I had expected. Something that surprised me was the daily update I got and their attention to my picky requests. My parents subsequently used United to paint their whole house and they did as wonderful a job as they did for me. If you need a reliable company don't hesitate to use these guys. Thanks for all your hard work
United Painting And Decorating has a TrustScore™ of 2.4. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Etobicoke and the surrounding areas is 3.2. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2006|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2011|
United Painting and Decorating is a young, up and growing professional painting company dedicated to customer satisfaction. No job is to big or too small. We work with all budgets and never promise what we can't deliver. Top quality paint, attention to detail and great workmanship at budget friendly prices. All of our work is fully guaranteed.
Call us for a free quote
United Painting and Decorating
647 200 4611
|Main contact(s):||Jose Ponce|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2011|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing information:||Contact United Painting And Decorating to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information:||Contact United Painting And Decorating to request insurance details.|