As with any construction project, building a house in the Niagara-On-The-Lake area in our circumstance, there are always challenges and obstacles that present themselves and our house project had its share of them!
Mainly we had the project manager and some of the trades creating more challenges and obstacles than we would have expected, and if that wasn’t cause enough for creating extra stress for us, they abandoned our project!
At this point, we hired Paul Ravalli owner of Valliforge Construction to pick up the pieces for us. We have been very impressed with the company’s process of working. One by one, the Valliforge team calmly addressed each challenge and issues were solved, good decisions were made and the project kept moving forward. Most impressive was that Paul and his team were at all times patient, flexible, open minded, and never condescending towards us as ‘women’ building for the first time! They allowed time to explain situations that we were not familiar with and to advise us as to the very best solution, always remaining mindful of the vision for our house.
Excellence should be a major consideration for anyone in business today. Applying that ethic to a construction project is not easily achieved by every company in the construction industry. Valliforge Construction truly embodies the definition of excellence and we are very pleased with how they completed our dream house.
We would absolutely hire Valliforge Construction in future projects.
i called paul from valliforge construction to quote on my kitchen. he was not the cheapest however there was something genuine about him that made us decide to go with him.
After completing the job we were so satisfied and knew we made a good choice. the competitive edge that separates him from the others was the communication and honesty.
Valliforge did a great job and i will certainly recommend him to anyone needing work done to their property.
We hired this company to:
1) build a deck
2) build a staircase
3) install a tile ceramic floor in our basement
4) we had also initially asked this company to install a dock and replace 5 garage doors.
1) The main problem involved the ceramic floor installation which was about 1000 sq ft. The quote was for $9,000. The tiles were 1ftX2ft and cost $2,700. So about $6,300 for installation. None of the adjacent tiles were level with one another with many tiles mismatching by about 2mm and some as much as 4mm which is a hazard for walking. When we expressed our dissatisfaction with the quality of the workmanship, the response of the contractor (Paul Ravalli) was that "no where in the contract does it say that the tiles will be level with one another". His own workers admitted that the "wrong people" were used to install the tiles. We really wanted the floor to be properly done. Who wants a floor that is highly uneven. When the time came to pay, Paul agreed the job was "not something he was proud of" and we agreed to pay him just over 50% ($5000) of the original quoted costs. He eventually agreed to these terms. He has now launched a law suit in small claims court.
2. For the garage doors and dock, Valli-forge was planning to hire a separate company to do the work. In the case of the garage doors, I got an estimate (from the company he was planning to use) of $3,600. Valli-forge quoted us $8,000. Similar story for teh dock. When we challenged Paul (the contractor) on the difference, his response was "well you signed the contract". After threatening to halt work on the project, he agreed that we could install these on our own, which we did. We saved $7,000 by doing this!
3. There were several other issues with the work. Overall, very disappointing, due to dishonesty and the clear attempts to gouge us.
If you use this company, then get every detail in writing. Our mistake was accepting the estimates without details. Even details involving workmanship quality are essential when dealing with Valli-forge; For example, "cermatic tiles need to place in a manner such that they are level (within some state tolerance)".
I will try and let you know how our court case went, if I can update my submission.
This client had requested the floor in his basement to be replaced with ceramic tile, as per agreement. The agreement specified that the new tiles would be laid on the EXISTING concrete floor. After the floor was laid, the clients were complaining of lippage and as an act of good faith on our behalf, we changed approximately 20 tiles that they had pointed out were problematic due to unevenness of the floor, an issue the client was fully aware of BEFORE installation. At the time of final payment, clients refused to pay the floor portion of the agreement, which is what brought about the dispute. Further to this, the clients took it upon themselves to remove two other line items outlined in the agreement without consideration for the overall project outcome. Upon refusal of final payment, I had no choice but to serve a Statement of Claim. The client counterclaimed based on having to completely redo the floor, re-levelled and reinstalled. Settlement was reached where I discounted cost of new tile out of good faith and settled for two-thirds of final payment. I believe this was a fair resolution for both parties. Though our client felt inconvenienced in this matter, we feel as though we have satisfied our due diligence in resolving these issues amicably. We wish the best of luck to our clients in their future endeavours.
Paul, Valli-Forge Construction.
Valli-Forge Construction Corp has a TrustScore™ of 3.8. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Etobicoke and the surrounding areas is 3.4. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Yes|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||1983|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2015|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
|Main Contact(s):||Paul Ravalli|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2015|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing Information:||Contact Valli-Forge Construction Corp to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Click here to view our Insurance Information|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.