Low Voltage Electrical License

Question Icon
Posted by: from Ottawa
9/21/2011 at 10:48:38 AM


I understand that there is no specific General Contractors License in Ontario (Ottawa region), but that should electrical work be being done, a licensed electrician would be required.

I am wondering if this is still the case for low voltage electrical (AV work for example), wiring network cables or things like that, or if there is even a difference to the license board when it comes to stuff like that.

Thanks for any help.

User Icon
Date/Time9/22/2011 at 2:45:11 PM

Hi Matt

There is no specific licence for that type of work. However we have come across a number of large clients that want the installations inspected by ESA. To get the application for inspection and permits you need to be an authorized electrical contractor with a Master Electrician.



John Kuehnl-Cadwell

Master Electrician

Datawise Solutions Inc

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.