Basement Bar Sink Plumbing Question

Question Icon
Posted by: from Dundas
9/6/2021 at 4:16:16 PM

Hello. I would like to add a bar sink in my basement. It is by an existing stack that is only connected to the kitchen sink and also in the vent. See pictures. Red is the existing.

Should I extend the stack and drain the sink and connect the vent as in the first picture or just tie into the existing sink drain and vent as in the second picture. Or something different (ie: cheater valve)

Basement Bar Sink Plumbing Question
Basement Bar Sink Plumbing Question
User Icon
Date/Time9/8/2021 at 4:29:43 PM

the stack can be used, its called wet venting, highly unlikely you will get issues with a little bar sink at the location you specified, other option is a cheater vent under sink in the cabinet. If you are pulling permit it will not pass but really it will work otherwise. Normal venting to code means running line all the way through house past last fixture draining into the main stack or separate vent out of roof, very costly if you are in a basement

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors