Bowed Roof

Question Icon
Posted by: from Bright's Grove
9/4/2008 at 4:31:49 PM

My cottage roof is beginning to bow...I want to shore it up and open the attic for an extra bedroom...should I hire a structural engineer first or a general contractor?

User Icon
Date/Time9/5/2008 at 12:24:22 AM

General Contractor. His contact sheet should contain an engineer, for permit filing. For structure and what needs to be done, he should know and be able to advise you prior, during your design phase.

Unless you are having drawings made prior to the hiring, then use the engineer supplied with the drafting.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.