Certification for HVAC business in British Columbia

Question Icon
Posted by: from Vancouver
5/13/2022 at 3:01:44 PM


I'm an Irish hVAC tech that has lived in Vancouver for almost 3 years.

I am thinking about starting my own business but I am wondering if I need my red seal here or can I use my Irish certification?

User Icon
Date/Time5/13/2022 at 8:45:17 PM

You wouldn't need your HVAC license to start the business but if you plan on working in the field doing any type of HVAC work you would need to get your licenses done in Canada. I'm not sure who regulates gas licensing in Vancouver but for refrigeration you would need a 313A and for Sheet metal you would need a 308A licence. In Ontario we have ways of challenging the license based on out of province experience so I would speak to the AHJ in BC to see what is available there.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors