Do I need a city permit to relocate staircase?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Beaconsfield
7/4/2014 at 5:25:43 PM

I am relocating my staircase. Do I need a city permit? Do I need to consult a structural engineer? How much would something like this cost?

User Icon
Date/Time7/9/2014 at 9:30:38 PM

Hi Rosie,

If this is all you are doing, you need an engineer first to draw up and sign off on the plan. You can then take the plan and get the building permit.

Cost is impossible to guesstimate but probably 3K or more.

Good luck with it.

Jim Kuzma

Kettleby Handyman

User Icon
Date/Time7/10/2014 at 9:54:45 PM

Hi again Rosie, I forgot to add that you should Google "building permits Beaconsfield" to get the most accurate info for your location.

Jim Kuzma

Kettleby Handyman

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.