Do I need the M license in Manitoba, to install data and fiber optic cables?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Winnipeg
1/17/2016 at 10:25:06 PM

I have over 5 years of experience working for MTS, and I got all my qualifications from MTS. Do I still need the "M license"?

User Icon
Robert from ElecTriLight Ltd. in Oakville
Date/Time1/18/2016 at 4:18:59 PM

M?? for Master?? Not for fiber and data.

User Icon
Date/Time1/27/2016 at 6:26:09 PM

MTS = Manitoba Telecom Services (I think).

Not sure what an "M" license is however. In my world most people are looking for "certified" copper or fibre installers, usually from Belden, Panduit or others.

Some places what you be have certifications from BICSI such as an RCDD. Other then that, I am not aware of any "requirement" for any other type of certification / license.


John Kuehnl-Cadwell

Master Electrician

Datawise Solutions Inc

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors