I have an entire cct not functioning. To the best of my knowledge the cct consists of 3 baseboard heaters (2 through common switch, 1 stand-alone) and 1 electrical kitchen outlet.
- double sink installed necessitating the replacement of old outlet with a GFCI (kitchen)
- stand-alone heater disconnected when bathroom tiling was done.
- neither of the above are used often so I do not know root cause of issue
- attempted to use outlet and blew breaker
Trouble shooting thus far:
- reset breaker - no joy
- checked schematic instruction on outlet - appears correct to my uneducated eye
- replaced breaker - no joy
- bypassed heater and reset breaker - no joy
I've run out of ideas and would like an electrician.
Good call asking for an electrician. You should move or repost this to the "Post your project" section and include some contact info so local electricians can get in touch with you.
It sounds like you have done everything you can on your own.
Good Luck with it!
Kettleby Handyman Services
It sounds like you have a couple of separate issues, one with the heater circuit and the other with the receptacle (GFCI) circuit.
Jim makes a good suggestion about posting your project. Make sure your electrician has an ECRA number that you can confirm. This will tell you they they are licenced and insured to do the work in your home. This should not require an inspection, unless they have to rewire the circuit because the cables were damaged or something.
Datawise Solutions Inc
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro