Electrical Sockets

Question Icon
Posted by: from Brampton
10/15/2011 at 9:42:00 AM

Basement wall is made up of panel covered with wallboard. I need to extend the wall sockets. How do I do this and where do I get the materials?

User Icon
Date/Time10/15/2011 at 11:40:12 AM

Hi Jimmy! You can get what they call box extensions that go right over the outlet and extends the box out to the level of the wall. Just make sure you turn the power off so you don't get jolted. Safety first. Hope that helps.


User Icon
Date/Time10/15/2011 at 12:10:58 PM

Hi Jimmy

What you are looking for is what is called a CISBEX Device Box Extension. Depending on the type of box you have, it may not be able to be extended.

Before using the extensions, I always try to remount the box closer to the edge.



John Kuehnl-Cadwell

Master Electrician

Datawise Solutions Inc

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.