Fix trim around staircase

Question Icon
Posted by: from Edmonton
7/15/2020 at 4:49:50 AM

I removed a piece of trim around my staircase and I'm wondering if there is a way to either add a flush piece to cover the gap in the wall or patch this to be flush.

Fix trim around staircase
User Icon
Charley from Charley Carpentry in Guelph
Date/Time7/15/2020 at 4:17:46 PM

Best case, use a door stop flat on top of the stringer, and caulk along the top of that and the wall.

Wipe with a damp sponge, and paint when dry

User Icon
Date/Time7/15/2020 at 8:19:46 PM

If you really wanted to have a flush drywall look, you could get a drywall "L" trim (I don't recall if that the actual name) then drywall patch to flush and caulk

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors