For roofers: how to fix ridge vent?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Markham
11/1/2016 at 2:46:02 PM

My roofer will be fixing the ridge vent he installed. Slots he cut are too wide .(installation manual calls for 3/4" on each side only).

He is talking about replacing/adding 3" plywood strip only. Is this acceptable? If not, how this should be fixed?

Thank you very much.

For roofers: how to fix ridge vent?
For roofers: how to fix ridge vent?
For roofers: how to fix ridge vent?
User Icon
Robert from Titanium Roofing in London
Date/Time11/2/2016 at 2:24:26 PM

We would recommend replacing the entire sheet of plywood but you can use 3" strips but it may not be as secure.I hope this answer helps.

User Icon
Date/Time11/2/2016 at 11:01:10 PM

I agree with Robert, Sheeting looks damaged, Replace Sheeting H-Clip for strength, 3" will work but not professional quality. :)

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors