Categories

How much is total cost to replace a 850 sqFt roof with new plywood sheathing?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Toronto
7/29/2019 at 7:55:44 AM

My two-storey detached house approx = 850 sq Ft needs a new plywood sheating for whole roof and also is a single garage approx= 300sqFt. And a new Architectural Asphalt Shingles & synthetic underlayment for whole house ( house & garage ) plus a turbine vent. I would like to know about the total cost for this project. The house's roof is Hip style & average steep.

Thank you.

REPLIES (2)
User Icon
Date/Time7/29/2019 at 9:21:06 AM

The resheething will range from $2-$4 per foot depending on if you are removing the old sheething or not. The shingles will be around $3 per foot.

That is per foot of roof deck not per foot of floor space. Your roof deck is likely 20% more than your floor space for an average pitch.

User Icon
Tim in Toronto
Date/Time7/31/2019 at 6:46:03 AM

Good morning,

Thank you for your information. Yes, my whole house& garage roof's plywood boards (too old) need to be remove and replace with new plywood sheathing boards ; then a new underlayment and a new Architectural Asphalt Shingles roof for whole house & garage. I am afraid that I might not be able to afford to have these things done, so that I just hope that I could have a total estimate cost from some roofing contractors.

Thank you, again.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x