My basement in my townhouse is finished except for an area off the main room which is the laundry room. It was never completed. While the plumbing is in, the walls and ceiling are bare showing all pipes and electrical. There is a wall separating it from the main room but on the basement side, no drywall. I would also like the floor improved. It is concrete so I am not sure if I can't just paint it or perhaps have inexpensive tiles installed. It is approximately 20' x 12'
Any help would be appreciated.
Your probably looking at somewhere between $ 3K and $5K. Get at least 2 if not more names of Contractors from " TrustPros" or the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce in your area and get Estimates
and ask lots of questions at that time. Estimates are always FREE. Also ask around. Sometimes words of mouth is very good. You will not save on cheap floor tiles, you will save on good advise.
A few questions about your laundry room:
1. I will assume the laundry room sits at least on side on an exterior wall. Please confirm. This is important for insulation requirements
2. You indicate plumbing is installed; is there also a dryer vent installed to the outside.
3. Is there a 220 volt three prong plug installed for the dryer?
4. Is there a floor drain in the laundry room?
5. It sounds like the laundry room is roughly framed - is there a door installed?
I am also curious if the existing plumbing and electrical was installed under the original building permit?
To be honest, this does not sound like a complicated or expensive project, depending on your answers to the questions above. Regarding the floor, there are several options, which could include leaving it bare and just painting, tiling,and in-floor radiant heat under the tile if warmth underfoot is important.
Big Bill Handyman
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro