Which are the to 3 or so renovations/upgrades that I could adopt to increase the resale vale of the house? High payback %.
- I do not have a back-splash
- My basement is unfinished
- My flooring is hardwood
- I have a one car driveway and I do not want to expand it to accommodate 2 car (it would upset the symmetry of the house)
- I have not repainted the house since it was built 11 years ago.
- I have not changed any of the fixtures that the builder had installed.
- I did not change the 5 WHITE kitchen appliances that the builder had supplied 11 years ago
- I have a glass shower door.
I did not see the reply from Andy from Hickman? Did you try to send a response to me?
Please resend your reply.
If you are looking for cost-effective upgrades, you can't beat painting the house. It's one of the cheapest updates with the biggest results. Flooring can also fall into this category, especially if you have old carpet and are willing to go with a modern midrange laminate to compliment your new paint colours.
Kitchens typically have good returns on investment - but keep in mind they are pricey and depending on the price-point of your neighbourhood, you don't want to put too much in where you will never see that money back.
My advice, talk to your realtor, see what buyers are looking for in your area and go from there.
This is a HOT market anything sells. If your location is GOOD, layout is good, school district is excellent, then a 11 year old home you just reface the kitchen doors, some general TCL, caulking all around the house inside out, replace broken screen door, freshen up the paint on main floor.
A good cleaning agency who can steam clean wash room grout, and re grout tiles.
Exterior paint on purging, clean up yard, do some curb appeal, make sure the eaves trough is not leaking. Power wash the soffit,drive way, deck or porch and stone or brick facing.
Make sure house is clutter free,Smells good and hire an experienced Real Estate agent. Staging would be a great idea if the houses on your street are not selling fast.
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro