Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Mysterious roof leak

I have a closet ceiling that is leaking. Trying to fix the problem I have replaced the entire roof, repointed the chimney, re-capped the chimney, replaced eavestroughs, and caulked around windo...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post October 20, 2016
Bathroom fan in attic, poly surrounding

Hey all, I just replaced my roof, plywood and shingles. I have two bathrooms side by side. One was a powder room, other is full bath. I decided to replace both bathroom fans, however because...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post October 17, 2016
Cost for wall removal

Cost to remove interior wall 12 feet by 8 and mud and tape....

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post October 17, 2016
Can contractor put a lien on my house?

Contractor hired and worked for 4 days. He wants 5 grand and hasn't been back in 8 months. Can he put a lien my house? Curious on my options....

Number of Responses 8 Date of Last Post October 28, 2016
What does it cost to laminate stairs?

Just a standard set of stairs. Remove carpet and laminate. What is the cost?...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 16, 2016
Basement Renovation Moving Help

Hi, We're finally getting around to having our basement renovated and spent a month clearing out all the junk that we've accumulated down there. We eventually rented a dumpster and threw all the ...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 14, 2016
No contract signed, can he put a lien on our house?

Hi all, We hired a contractor to do our bathroom last year. We had a couple quotes and we chose this guy because we were able to look at another bathroom he had completed and the work looked alright. Anyw...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post December 21, 2016
Mold?

Tore up laminate and baseboard against an outside wall and smelled. Other than smell I can't see other signs. Do I need to tear up drywall? And how far up do I go? ...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post October 11, 2016
Vaulted Ceiling Cost Toronto

We are planning to renovate kitchen/dining area of our 70s backsplit located in Mississauga. We are interested in creating vaulted ceiling in the area. Does anyone have any ideas on the cost of the project&...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post October 11, 2016
Cost to add a second storey to our bungalow

Our bungalow is approx. 1200 square feet. It is presently vinyl sided. We are thinking to add a second storey to include 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Would first like to get an idea of cost to build. We would li...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post October 12, 2016
Legal second unit in basement

I have an existing basement apartment that is semi completed (but liveable) and I am now thinking of making it legal. The only approval I got so far is zoning compliance approval from the City for a sec...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post October 11, 2016
What is the cost for installing 238 square feet drywall?

How much would be the cost of 238 square feet drywall as materials and how much would be the charge for installing it? Thank you...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 10, 2016
I picked the wrong contractor and I need your advice of what to do

I picked the wrong contractor that I found through this website Trustedpros, this contractor has no reviews and the Information on his account states that became a member on the website this year 2016, ...

Number of Responses 8 Date of Last Post October 10, 2016
Best wood floor for kitchen

Hello, I have a open concept kitchen, currently is tiled while connected living and dining area is dark stained hardwood floor. I really like wood floor in kitchen. What kind floor is best for kitch...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post October 11, 2016
Help with impact noise from upstairs neighbours

I have incredibly noisy neighbours upstairs and their landlord put in a vinyl floor (supposedly there is some sort of underlay but it's wholly inadequate). We now hear a lot of impact noise from the...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post October 9, 2016
Spray foam insulation for basement development?

We have a home with a typical 8' high concrete foundation. We are now finishing the basement and are contemplating using spay foam to insulate the basement walls. Since spray foam is costlier than batt in...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 7, 2016
How much would something like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post October 6, 2016
Is there a security screening check anywhere in Canada for generals contractors before optaining their licence?

Does generals contractors (anywhere in Canada except the province of Quebec because they already go through the process) need to go through security clearance check up/criminal records check in the ...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 7, 2016
Cost to install laminate flooring on 322 sguare feet in Calgary

Just mostly square footage no major cuts. Approximately how much?...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post October 15, 2016
Best time to get roofing done?

When is the good time to replace a roof? Should it be done during fall season or is it best to get it done during the summertime?...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post October 4, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x