Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Cost for insulation, caulking & poly per sq ft in Alberta

What is the cost of install per sq ft, for batt insulation, caulking & polly? How do I know how many sq ft I need done?...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post July 6, 2016
Cost of this deck and stairs to the ground

Hello, I am looking at what the approximate cost would be to build this deck. Materials and labour included. it is roughly 6' x 8' x 4' off the ground. Please include the price stringer stai...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post August 20, 2016
Approximate cost for floor framing indoor pool

Hi, I have an offer pending on a house with an empty above grade indoor swimming pool. The house is built on rock, so they used foundation walls as the sides and poured concrete on the slope for the...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post July 4, 2016
Doors, baseboard and laminate cost

I was wondering what pros charge for installation of doors, baseboard and laminate flooring per sq/ft....

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post July 6, 2016
Deck and fence cost

I was wondering what pros charge per sq/ft in the building of a fence and a deck....

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post July 5, 2016
Cost to move and add HVAC line in basement?

What does it cost to move HVAC lines in the basement and add a line? The basement right now is wide open. I need to modify 3 runs and add a new one....

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post May 5, 2020
Garage reno to accessible bedroom with bath

I am having a renovation done to convert an attached garage into a wheelchair accessible bedroom w ensuite bath. the plumber punched a hole in our foundation to run a PVC sewage pipe down the inside of the bas...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post July 4, 2016
Cost for two car garage in Edmonton

What is the complete cost for a two car detached garage, from cement pad to the siding in Edmonton?...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post July 3, 2016
Cost of labor for bathroom tiling

I was looking for a price to tile a 11 x 10 bathroom floor and tile a completely new shower....

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post July 3, 2016
Third car garage

I would like to know what the cost would be to add a third car garage to an existing two car and make the two car garage the same depth as the new third garage by 11 ft?...

Cost to mount flat screen tv and floating shelf?

Quote to mount 2 flat screen TV's (32" and a 40") and floating shelves to a wall....

How much would it cost to add an addition to a simple bungalow?

We might be thinking of buying a bungalow, but before we do, we wanted to know the cost of extending the house and adding an addition, thus making it a two storey home. The extension would be the b...

Rough cost estimate for soundproofing a basement apartment?

The basement is 940 sq ft, completely unfinished and I plan on finishing it for a basement apartment. I want to make sure the person downstairs cannot hear walking with shoes, dog claws, TV, etc...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post October 3, 2016
Foundation problem - can I sell as a tear-down?

My house in the east end of Toronto is in need of several upgrades, and recently I noticed a bowing / leaning-outward of the poured-concrete foundation over a stretch along one side. Suddenly foundatio...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post July 2, 2016
Variance needed

I want to have a garage added to the north wall of my house. I know that I need a variance, but I don't understand the required paperwork. Who do I hire first ? Do I hire a contractor first, an ...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post July 2, 2016
Problematic drain connection between garage and house

While looking for the source of phorid flies in our house, we discovered that a floor drain in our garage is connected to a pipe which connects to the main drain in our basement bathroom. We know that his ...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post July 1, 2016
Home demollition

How much would it cost to completely demolish a 900sq ft bungalow in Guelph ON and how long would it take?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post July 2, 2016
Cost to steel frame bulkheads

Cost to steel frame bulkheads, with and without board....

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post July 1, 2016
Cost for refacing vanity cabinet doors

Hi, I'm looking for the quick quote regarding my vanity cabinet doors refacing. I'm sending you the attached pictures of this cabinet. Please let me know approximately how much will cost repairi...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post July 1, 2016
Approximate cost of painting condo walls

What would be approximate cost of painting condo walls? The condo is 1333 ft....

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post June 29, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x