Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
MDF for exterior project

Is MDF an excellent product for exterior renovation?...

Number of Responses 10 Date of Last Post July 1, 2016
How much per sq ft to build a deck?

10 x 20 deck with 2 steps....

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 29, 2016
No contract on terrible work

My brother in law has his own contracting business. He was looking for work and I was renovating our kitchen. I asked if he would help me out with it and of course I would pay for his time. Long story short,...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 28, 2016
Cost for bathroom renovation

I have a 90 sq ft washroom with a tub, standing showe, vanity which needs to be torn out. Replaced with new tiles, frameless shower, new toilet, new vanity, free standing tub, new dr...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post June 28, 2016
Rough cost to move electrical panel 30 ft

Rough cost to move electrical panel 30 ft on same wall....

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 28, 2016
Beam and post for carport

I have three posts and one beam that need replacing. The beam is approximately 15 feet long and the post are about 10 feet in height. I'm wondering if someone could estimate approximately how much this woul...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 28, 2016
What options do I have with a bad contractor who is not finishing work?

I hired a contractor to build and install new windows. The contractor keeps on delaying delivery and install. He is screening my calls. I have paid for the first installment. What options do I have?...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 28, 2016
Renovate, tear down, or sell?

My house in the east end of Toronto is roughly 90 years old, and has seen better days. It's a small bungalow that probably needs some foundation work, new siding, a new door, some electrica...

Number of Responses 6 Date of Last Post June 29, 2016
Cost to renovate 150 sq.ft. ensuite bathroom

We will be selling our 30 year old house next spring and need to update the master bath. As such we don't want to spend a whole lot on this renovation. The layout will stay the same, with no major cha...

Number of Responses 9 Date of Last Post June 26, 2016
High efficiency furnace

We are looking at purchasing a home that currently only has electric baseboard heating. But we we would like to install a high efficiency furnace with central air. There is no basement but there is a second flo...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 27, 2016
Cost for basement kitchenette

I have recently bought a new home with a finished basement but would like to create an in-law suite. There is a 3 piece washroom, bedroom and living room but I would need to add a small kitchenette to it. ...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 26, 2016
How much would a basement like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 26, 2016
How much would a kitchen like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Car port

We were thinking of adding a car port as a garage is not really practical on our lot. Will a car port add value to our home?? Also approximately what is the cost per square foot of a car port? ...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 25, 2016
Steam shower installation new home

Looking to convert a conventional shower into a steam shower for a new home where builder will not provide service. What would be a cheaper conversion from plumbing and structural cost stand point: (i&#...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 24, 2016
Cost of building a commercial bar counter

Looking for a ballpark cost of building a bar counter (with plumbing and electric connections). It's a small location (less than 1000sqf) that was previously a retail store (so not a lot...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 24, 2016
Estimated cost to do a two storey 1000 square foot extension on my bungalows

I would like to put an addition on the back of my bungalow. So adding a a kitchen and dining room on the main floor and it would involve moving the plumbing. Second storey would be a master and ensuite. I am no...

Repair to load bearing wall

A couple of studs were removed by a previous owner. A bad repair job was done and now I notice a few other studs are not straight. What is involved in repairing this and call you give me a ballpark figure on ...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 22, 2016
Limestone screening instead of gravel and sand for backyard patio

Hi, We're building a patio in our backyard using concrete slabs (24" * 30"). I contacted the supplier to buy gravel and sand and he suggested to buy limestone screening which is cheap...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 23, 2016
Bulkhead ceiling cost

Help appreciated. I need to find out how much does it cost to build bulkhead under the existing ceiling. 8 feet wide, 32 feet long, about 8-9 inches thick, just enough to install pot-lights. W...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 22, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x