Permit and value for sliding wall divider

Question Icon
Posted by: from Coquitlam
2/27/2016 at 1:43:33 AM

We want to install sliding glass divided walls / panels to the dining area to convert it into a den.

Will it require a permit? The dining room already has "pre-existing opened up walls" so we are just installing the sliding panel to close the opening (we are not putting up new wall frames).

Aso, if a permit is required, will our place be reevaluated by BC assessment and increase the value? (the living space is so huge we are merging the dinning space into that instead).

User Icon
Date/Time2/27/2016 at 6:59:16 PM

No permit is required for such job!

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.