Potlight Help?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Toronto
12/27/2020 at 10:04:20 AM

Stupid question: I have these basic recessed lights in my kitchen.(see photo)

one bulb went out. never replaced one before. does this type of bulb simply unscrew to replace? (doesn't seem like it). Or do i have to pry the fixture out of the ceiling, to get at & replace bulb?

I tracked down the light model, it's the 513 WHX model on page 10 here:

Here's the photo. Thanks in advance!

Potlight Help?
User Icon
Andrew from Phaze-In Electric Ltd. in Maple
Date/Time12/27/2020 at 5:08:44 PM

You have to take the trim down. And then the bulb will sit in a spring bracket. You have to take out of the spring holder and then unscrew the bulb.

User Icon
Xxx in Toronto
Date/Time12/27/2020 at 5:50:00 PM

got it! done & done - just like you said! thanks Andrew!

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors