I'm a producer at Shaw TV Calgary working on environment related segments. I'm wanting to do a segment on homeowners reducing water usage by simply upgrading items like faucets, toilets and showerheads.
Can anyone suggest a contractor or company who would be a good source of information for such a segment?
There are a lot of reputable companies out your way I'm sure. Check with the BBB and their references.
Here are some ideas for questions
1) Check pipes for leaks
2) Check toilet: All controls, devices, and any leaks
3) Don't use toilet as a waste basket
4) Use your meter to check for leaks
5) Install water saving shower heads, & aerators
6) Insullate water pipes
7) Take shorter showers
8) Turn water off after you wet your tooth brush
9) Rinse your razor in the sink
10) Dish washer/clothes washer: use only full loads
11) Minimize use of garbage disposal units
12) Dishes by hand: Don't leave water running for rinsing
13) Keep a bottle of water in the fridge.
The list is getting a bit long so I''ll stop there for now.
Til next time Chas
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro