I want to make Separate side Entrance with my new home and looking for your expert advise.
1) Does it require City permit. If yes do you also provide service with city permit?
2) What is impact with Tarion warranty? I need Separate Entrance to be included in Tarion Warranty. How it can be done?
3) Approx cost of project of Wall Cutting and Separate Entrance to basement
Thank you in advance.
Definitely need a city permit for this. House may be to close to lot line for a side entrance. If city gives approval and proper drawings are submitted with engineer stamp the warranty is not affected by this.
Difficult to price this project but with proper sidewalk up to the entrance and perhaps some steps up or down be looking at three to five thousand. Too many unknowns, is it siding or brick to go thru, etc, etc.
1. Yes a permit is required. You will need to have drawings made submitted to the municipality.
2. It does not impact your Tarion warranty if completed with a permit
3. The typical cost for the construction: excavation, underpinning, cutting into existing foundation, landing drain, forming and pouring stair, railing around opening should be in the 12K-16K range. Keep in mind there will also be a cost for the planning and municipal fees.
I hope this helps.
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro