1958 white ceramic sink

Question Icon
Posted by: from Coquitlam
1/4/2008 at 8:43:51 PM

we are about to begin a major re-haul of our house, incl kitche. My husband wants to encorporate the old sink into the new kitchen. Is this a good idea, I think it will be hard to build a kitchen around that?

User Icon
Date/Time1/5/2008 at 3:48:26 PM

I love older fixtures like that. They have character. Older styled new stuff can be purchased, but you already have the original. It's probabley made much better than the new stuff as well. So is your concern from a design point of view?

User Icon
Julie in Coquitlam
Date/Time1/5/2008 at 3:55:43 PM

Yes my main concern is how encorporate it in a modern yet classic kitchen. It is a nice sink, we just would have to get it re-furbished.

User Icon
Date/Time1/6/2008 at 10:38:41 AM

Hi Julie,

Will you be using a kitchen designer? If so they will be able to let you know how best to incorporate your old sink. I think it's a great idea to use it especially if it is original to the house.

Mary Dancey

Mary Dancey Interiors

User Icon
Date/Time1/14/2008 at 10:03:17 AM

Yes, I agree with Mary. A designer may have software that will allow you to see what your plans would look like.

User Icon
Scott in Toronto
Date/Time4/19/2008 at 3:05:34 PM

That's a good idea. An old sink could look good but it's hard to say unless you have a really good idea of what you would like to have the kitchen to turn out like. A lot of older appliances do have a lot of character so I would suggest at least not just throwing it out.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

It appears you may be located in the US

TrustedPros is designed to deliver results targeted to your location.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.