counter tops

Question Icon
Posted by: from Stouffville
8/16/2011 at 12:54:29 PM

How do I measure for counter tops if it comes in pieces that have diaganal cuts?

User Icon
Raymond from Raynovation RB in Waterloo
Date/Time8/17/2011 at 5:43:44 PM

Hello Shari,

You measure it on the wall side of the counter from the end to the back corner of each piece. I would suggest that you have the contractor or instalation company do it though, as a small mistake can be costly if you do it and provide the measurements to them. There are often other factors that come into play, such as checks in the wall for plumbing low windows over the sink and replaceing the old arborite counters with the new prefab ones as the old ones are NOT standard sizes.

Hope this helps,


Raynovation RB

User Icon
Date/Time10/4/2011 at 10:18:41 PM

H iShari,

Have the people who construct the countertop come out and measure this for you. They will be able to make a countertop that fits your needs perfectly.

Bill Clawsie

Clawsie Contracting


Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.