Question Icon
Posted by: from Carberry
3/19/2012 at 12:56:18 PM

My kitchen cabinets are 1980's and oak finish. What do I do to brighten them up? The end of one cabinet faces into the kitchen area so to replace the doors I would have to replace the end of the cupboard. I would like to do this but my counter top and cupboards are at least 2 long so it is a big area.

Thanks for any suggestions.


User Icon
Date/Time3/19/2012 at 8:05:40 PM

The easiest solution is to paint them. Sand everthing down, prime and paint. You can replace the doors, for the ends you glue a veneer ( 1/16" thick ) over the ends and stain to match the doors.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get quotes from top-rated contractors