Since I have only one bath and two kids (and limited money) and want to make changes how would I go about it?
1. I want new floor..very small bathroom
2. My tub is still in great condition
3. I need a new toilet
4. I need a new vanity/sink/fixtures
5. One whole wall is mirror, which I like but the Hollywood light fixture ( like the kind in a dressing room) is driving me crazy and is attached to the mirror at the top)
Where do I start? I can do without the sink for a few days..but not without the toilet for more than a weekend stay at the Holiday Inn. The tile on the floor is the 1X1 inch tile, I'm not sure what is under the vanity, could be just concrete floor . The condo is 30 years old.
Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Let's start with one of the easiest things...a dimmer switch! These are a great defense against the "Hollywood Lights". Be sure to have an electrician or handyman do that work for you. Regardless, if you replace this fixture or not, get a dimmer, it is much nicer to go for you morning constitution without being blinded by the light! Lastly on the mirror may have a couple or a few holes in it to attach and wire the Light Bar, so be mindful of this when getting a replacement.
Next, toilets are easy (if you know what you are doing) and if you are replacing your floor, they kinda go hand in hand. Depending on what you have now, be it tile, lino, carpet (yes, I have seen carpet in bathrooms) will depend on the amount of removal/prep time, but that can take a day. If you need a sub-floor, then you will be out for a whole day for sure, but if it is timed properly, it should not take more than that, especially if it is a small room and they usually are.
Total time 1 - 1.5 days
Hope that helps!
The Vanity, Sink & Fixtures are the next ones that form a group. If you are keeping the mirror, then make sure your Vanity covers the same place.
1. i don't get your point, didn't see any problem
2. leave it, save some budget for others
3. go get a economical one
4. if its still functioning, leave it as well
5. leave it, get a smaller mirror if you wanna use. or just try turn off the lights.
so the above are my suggestions so far
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro