Question Icon
Posted by: from Calgary
5/27/2011 at 12:08:54 AM

My friend bought a house and got a private construction guy to finish the basement ,then found out the guy in question did horible job toilet not encre fireplace wireing not good insulation not good all and all very bad he was refered to this guy throught his real estate agent who probably was in it with the so call construction guy..anything my friend could do??

User Icon
Date/Time5/27/2011 at 8:58:56 AM

Hi Eric,

Can your friend still get in touch with the person in question? If so, keep calling steady until he comes back to fix his mistakes. Does he still owe money to the guy? Don't pay him, give him a deadline to fix the problems and if he doesn't get it done then use the money to hire a proper contractor to finish the job. make sure your ffriend keeps record of this corrispondence. Unfortunately there isn't much else he can do. Your friend might have to bite the bullet and hire someone else to fix the mistakes. I wish i had better news for you.


Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.