Indoor Humidity

Question Icon
Posted by: from Toronto
1/12/2009 at 9:09:46 AM


I'm looking into installing a humidifier to the furnace and would like some advice to which type I should go with. I believe there's the drum type to avoid, and the flow through is the way to go. Could anyone suggest a brand? I've heard of Aprilaire, York, Generalaire, Honeywell.


User Icon
Date/Time1/20/2009 at 10:09:53 AM

Hi there, You could go for the Lennox Climate Control. Be sure you know the square footage of your home so that a reputable contractor can offer the right model.

User Icon
Date/Time1/22/2009 at 12:05:18 PM

Go with Desert Spring

Uses less water and less energy then any other product on the market.

User Icon
Date/Time7/5/2010 at 12:09:41 PM

Honywell true stream is the only way to go

we have installed several of these unit and they work fantastic

and they don't waste gallons of water per day like the flow thru units

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.