Structural Engineer

Question Icon
Posted by: from Thornhill
4/16/2012 at 4:30:59 PM

I have a sagging floor on the main floor (30yrs old house). Knowing the basement is finished, is there any point to pay for a structural engineer to try assessing the situation?

Also, what is the estimated cost for this service?


User Icon
Date/Time4/16/2012 at 8:28:39 PM

If your basement is finished, an engineer can't tell you much with out opening holes to see how the house is constructed and what the problem or solutions would be. Cost would be min. $300 and up

User Icon
Eran in Thornhill
Date/Time4/17/2012 at 11:01:21 AM

Thank you James.

I actually had an engineer quoting me $450+HST; yet per your message, it seems he will not be able to validate much..

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.