Categories

How much to finish a 600 sq ft basement into a 1 bedroom suite?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Spruce Grove
11/12/2014 at 9:02:00 PM

Plumbing is roughed in. Needs a 3 piece bath, small kitchen, and a bedroom.

Only looking for rough estimates at this time.

Thanks.

REPLIES (8)
User Icon
Navroop from Singh on Homes in Brampton
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 1:06:50 AM

Normally I dont give rough estimates before looking at it or communicating, with building and ESA permits I would say about $25000.

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 9:04:18 AM

It is very difficult to guess on a whim, but figure around $35-$40 per square foot. Your best bet is to get a free comprehensive quote.

Aaron

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 9:48:37 AM

Hello Lana,

Well this is just a rough estimate but a none fire rated basement would go anywhere between $20,000 to $30,000 and a fire rated would go from $25,000 to $35,000, as well there are many different variables to take into consideration like what material selection, depending what kind of cabinets your interested in, for the washroom as we'll, it's very hard to give an accurate quote which would be allot better for you, you would know exactly what your looking at or where you may want to reduce costs

Thank you,

Chantal Abbas

Administrative Assistant

Dream Touch Renovations

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 10:51:38 AM

Hi there, well given the limited information, a rough quote would run somewhere between $00.

More information as to exactly what you are looking for would bring the quote to a more accurate number.

If you could kindly list all work details you are trying to achieve it would be greatly appreciated.

Terrance (owner /operator)

A Few Good Men Construction and Services

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 10:54:55 AM

Not sure what happened with my estimate, but it should read somewhere between $20,000 - $30,000... Sorry about that.

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 2:31:16 PM

Check with your municipal office to see what is legally required.

Here in Grande Prairie, in order for a legal suite to be constructed, not only do we have to provide architectural drawings, but we also have to factor in the cost of installing off road parking pads. We have to provide a separate entrance, and the suite must fire protected with egress windows installed. These alterations can significantly affect the cost of a suite.

My guess is that you should budget a minimum of $35,000.00 for this project, and depending on your municipal bylaws, go up from there.

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 4:07:00 PM

I don't like giving an estimate without seeing the project as there are always other factors. A lot depends on your finishing, but $25,000 is a good guesstimate. Best to get someone over there.

Ambridge Construction

User Icon
Date/Time11/13/2014 at 6:37:41 PM

It's hard to give a ruff estimate without looking at the job. Depending on what kind of material you are wanting to use I would guess about $18000 to $20000.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x